Do i need a mood stabilizer, benzo, or antidepressant

ok, look, I know none of you are psychiatrists but you might have similar symptoms and know what has helped you, so basically lately i have been feeling how i feel off meds mood wise but not hallucinations, i think mainly because my new ap doesnt have the mood stabilizing properties like the old one did, but basically i have been having racing thoughts, paranoia, i am easily angered and irritable, and i also am really unmotivated, and having mood swings but not very bad mood swings, i have started doing stuff that i haven’t done in a while like cutting and i gave myself a cross tattoo and i have don’t have any tats, i never really want to leave the house to do anything fun when it is offered i just go to stores to get things i need, also my hallucinations are quiet but sometimes I will think that I am hearing things when I am not paying attention like I will hear something from the tv and it will sound like something I am feeling or thinking about, I don’t want to and i am not going to switch to another ap that has more mood stabilizing properties because I am losing weight and i don’t think i could do that on any of the other ones

Mood Stabilizers helped me but everyone is different.
Please talk it over with your pdoc.

1 Like

i see my pdoc Wednesday i am gonna tell him how i been feeling but I’m thinking i need a mood stabilizer i might ask for Topamax if he thinks its a good idea, that’s the only one ive really researched about because i know it doesn’t cause weight gain which is a big deal for me

1 Like

That doesn’t sound like a problem with a mood stabilizer. Talk to your pdoc and be completely honest with him/her. I had symptoms like that last year. Now I am on a higher does of my AP. I also take something for anxiety.

1 Like

i feel like a higher ap dose would make me feel weird because than i would be on the highest dose there is but yeah I’m definitely gonna tell my pdoc everything i don’t really like how i am feeling now but he should know what can help