Schizophrenia.com

Do antidepressants work? Might be trying wellbutrin

I have an appointment on the 30th. I am going to ask for wellbutrin (bupropion). Do you take an antidepressant and does it work?

i take seroxat 40mg, it works, 15 years i am on them

I took Besitran and now I’m on Escitalopram. Both worked on minimal dosage.

Wellbutrin is good.
Hardcore serotonin :sunglasses:

they gave me prozac in 2000, and i took a fit ended up in e and r

Wellbutrin keeps me from getting my head down. It helps me make it through the day.

1 Like

What happened? I took it and almost immediately became frighteningly angry with everyone and everything. It felt totally alien, like suddenly a monster had grabbed the wheel from me. I wanted to smash things, push people down stairs, it was really scary. Luckily my mom listened to me when I told her something was wrong and backed me up when I refused to keep taking it. Doctor and teachers were just saying, Maybe all the bad stuff has to come out first! :flushed:

i took a fit, i collapsed and smashed my forehead of the solid floor 15 years on and i still have a small bump on the side of my forehead from it

I’ve taken Prozac, Paxil, Amitryptaline, and now Lexapro. Lexapro has helped a lot with the dangerous, rather high-pitched depressions I can get. Attitude improved, anxiety decreased, sleeping better, however motivation has taken a bit of a dive. It’s been six weeks. Amitryptaline worked well. Paxil and Prozac were varying levels of disaster. Expect to have to try a few before you get the right one. Just because one is bad doesn’t mean the next won’t be a lifesaver.

Wow. I’m sorry to hear that. That’s pretty frightening.

Wellbutrin is a he’ll of a drug

1 Like

it was a reaction to the prozac, no more 4 me

Prozac made me psychotic…I think. Wellbutrin doesn’t work. I like cymbalta best.