Dnd kinda sucked last night

Letting my dice roll
I am surrounded by friends
They do not love me

5 Likes

My friend plays dnd. I wonder if you know him

I used to play DND when I was younger and before sz. I like the escape from real life

1 Like

I normally love dnd it’s really helped me get better and isolate less.

But yesterday I just kept getting talked over and downplayed it made me feel like I dont matter

I always wanted to play but never got to. Had my own dice and lots of 3.5 hardcover books. Kind of sad really… I guess I never went looking for people to play with.

When 4th edition came out I thought it was dumb and lost interest in the whole thing.

2 Likes

Same here I found it frustrating and my disorganized thought and speech didn’t help either

It’s a game and it’s an interesting social dynamic. Life often is about compromise and often we aren’t the center of all things. That is what makes it interesting. For example. I don’t need to be the center of everything but…When I speak others listen.

I’m sure next week you’ll be fine!

1 Like

I dont want to be the center of attention but it just kinda sucked cause I’d start to like “My character I gonna d-” and somebody would cut me off.

This one guy in particular really kept talking over and interupting me.

And at one point the DM gave me information to tell the others about a character and I got cut off and brushed aside.

And its like I know I’m not the strongest rolepalyer but idk it just really hurt to get brushed off like that.

Thank you though @rogueone I hope next week is better

1 Like

No offence. Can you spot the ex dungeon master?

See how it goes. I’m sure it’ll sort itself out. People are like that and sometimes it goes your way sometimes not. Still as an ex DM I would have to give you the same advice!~

… I feel like you aren’t understanding my problem. I’m literally saying it sucks to get interrupted.

Like its just courtesy to not talk over people. Like yeah it happens especially since we have such a big group. But honestly there were times where it was just like dude let me finish my sentence

Apologies. Alls’ I’m saying especially in a group situation it happens. It can work the other way too. You may do that to others. DandD can be interesting like life when you get people together. A good DM will work the group and make everyone feel wanted and a part of the action much like a decent manager can do for work or anything else.

I’d still say it. Relax. Didn’t go for you this week. Next week your character may be totally involved. Wasn’t picking a fight and sorry you took it that way!

I know ive been playing with this group every week for a year. There’s a difference between just not having a lot of opportunity for involvement in the story, and getting talked over to the point you CAN’T have any involvement.

Like im set to DM for Halloween I know how dnd works.

I’ve never had a session this frustrating though. Ive never been cut off so much or so blatantly like I brought it up to the DM after and even she was like yeah that one guy was really trying to monopolize the session.

And I’m not trying to fight either but it kinda just comes across like you think I’m just mad cause I didn’t get the spotlight which isnt it at all.

Sorry if I seem defensive about it

1 Like

All good. No worries and appreciate your concerns. Politic is often a funny thing and I can see your concerns but some venues can be like that. Peace. It’s dandd and as a DM I’d be upset if someone complained about that to me. It’s about inclusiveness in my games anyways…

Why would you be upset?

DandD was always about everyone having fun. If one player isn’t then that is a problem. As a dm your responsible for a good and engaging game and letting everyone have a go. That is how we used to play. Mind you that was long ago before you kids. It was a different world then for sure.

I mean thats why I brought it up so she could know its a possible problem.

Cause yeah theres a lot of people in our dnd group. So it’s hard to kept track of them all and keep everyone 100% happy all the time.

I mean it wasn’t a terrible session honestly story wise it was very good. But like I said getting talked over practically every time I started to talk made me wonder why I was even trying.

Like I’m not the problem in this scenario. And tbh I’m pretty sure its not a generational thing either… Like its just a shitty thing that happened

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.