Dissociative identity disorder

I dissociated in therapy today and now I’m worried I might have done something stupid but I don’t know if I did. And I want to ask my therapist but I also don’t want to bother her.

I know at least one alter showed up and I’m thinking at least one more took over. But I’m just worried like what if she throws me out of her practice. Or tries to lock me up again.

And my mom noticed I wasn’t myself and she keeps asking questions… :sweat:

4 Likes

Are you safe when other alters take over?

3 Likes

Most of the time? What do you mean by safe?

1 Like

Noise, Are you are okay? I’m concerned. :worried: We’re here for you. What can we do?

5 Likes

I’m ok I’m just worried about what happened in therapy.

Everything seems ok but I’m just always nervous when I lose time

Thank you @Tomasina :heart:

Do you think my therapist will be ok with it?

2 Likes

Well, you’re not medicated, so if your therapist says your other alters are causing you to be in danger of harming yourself or others then she might have grounds to hospitalize you again. You seem like you’re pretty stressed already, given things you’ve been posting lately, so I guess I’m just wondering what your other alters are like. Are they unstable as well? I’m sorry if this is really ignorant. I don’t know much of anything about DID. Do your mental illnesses affect all your alters equally? Like, could one of them be unhinged and you not know about it?

Hope you feel better soon. Just takes time to learn to cope but I know you will get there eventually…

1 Like

Yes, I think your therapist would be okay with it. Maybe it’s a good idea to talk with them about it?

2 Likes

I’ve had a phase where my negatives were bad and I had difficulty enjoying anything besides going out for drinks. I know it is tough to live with and sometimes we act like trying harder is all it takes.

1 Like

As far as I know most of my alters aren’t too unstable.

I mean like they’ll do some dumb stuff sometimes but most of them aren’t harmful.

Some self harm sometimes but they haven’t in a while. And some have had a history of anger but they haven’t lashed out in a while.

Theoretically one could be entirely off their rocker. But from the ones I’m aware of none of them seem to be like that…

But some have severe anxiety some are depressed. I got introverts i got extroverts. I got others with psychosis. I have some that don’t have anything wrong with them.

Feel free to ask any questions a lot of people don’t understand DID

Also just so you know there isn’t medication for DID.

2 Likes

But there is for anxiety, depression, and psychosis. And you’re not medicated for any of them even though you could benefit from those meds.

3 Likes

Maybe I should text her and ask??

1 Like

But to get 8+ people who don’t have the same problems to take the meds…

The withdrawals and instability that comes with that… I’m pretty sure I’d end up hospitalized.

Not to mention my fear of pills… And a couple of my alters are even worse about it than I am…

Yes, @Noise, I think it’s a good idea to text her and ask.

1 Like

Like for example depression one of my alters is just a ray of sunshine. Just happy and bubbly… idk what an antidepressant would do to him… if I could even get him to take it.

I don’t mean to get dark but I think it might have had adverse reactions on him before… i cant be sure though unfortunately…

So I texted my therapist and apparently the alter that showed up was very nice I guess… my therapist likes them? And then another one took over and immediately left I guess?

So everything is good now I guess

2 Likes

Do u mind me asking what actually happens to you when an alter takes over?

1 Like

Well it depends sometimes I’m basically just observing almost like I’m watching a movie of myself but somebody else is controlling everything.

But most of the time I basically just black out then when I come back to I find out I did something I don’t remember

Basically just imagine having a friend or a sibling have control of your body for a random amount of time

1 Like

That must be disturbing.Do people often recover from it or is it rare?

2 Likes

Therapist aren’t around to judge they’re here to help us. Be confident that she will help and answer any questions you have.

We are all here for you, I’m here for you if you wanna talk.

4 Likes