Diet Pills

Hi all

Just wondered if any of you have had your doctors prescribe diet pills like Belviq or Contrave or anything else for weight loss and it worked. I put on a lot of weight with Invega. i am now on Haldol and have lost a little weight but am 5’1" and 204 ils so need to get down a lot more.

Hippo

One thing that would help take off the pounds is walking. Start out slow and build your way up. If you take diet pills make sure you take them as prescribed.

1 Like

A agree with @crimby about the walking… but I would be VERY careful about diet pills as they bang very hard on the dopamine system that is so compromised in sz. You might do better to take less Haldol (figuratively, not actually) than to go on diet pills and Haldol.

2 Likes

There are a number of studies I’ve seen that show Metformin to be helpful. Talk to your doctor about it (with exercise and diet modifications too).

I walked 20 kg off in two years. Walked one hour every day.

1 Like

Hi

I know diet pills are not the best idea but I’m kinda desperate. I tried Metformin but it didn’t work. I have tried some walking but hate walking alone and its dark when my husband gets home. I have tried lots of diets and the only thing that works is salad and I can’t stick to it as I get bored and do it for a while and then eventually pig out and put all the weight back on. Thanks for the advise I know you’re all right.

Hippo

Diet pills are stimulating and are usually bad for your physical and especially mental health.

I have lost over 35 lbs by eating less and going on a low carb diet.

I walk for at least an hour a day, and prefer to walk inside my house, where I am less anxious and distracted.

It is possible to lose weight even on Antipsychotics - Where there is a will there is a way.

1 Like

Which may be running your resting cortisol level up. And that often causes weight gain. We know this much: People who use the therapy described at the links below tend to maintain their appropriate body weight.

http://www.mindfullivingprograms.com/whatMBSR.php

1 Like

is there any actual information or links are not available

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzombie thread !!!

Start a new one rather !!