Did you want to be a rockstar?

I did. I ran away from home to seek my fortune and met with ruin.

5 Likes

Yeah. I was actually in a band and thought we were famous in town. I carried myself like I was the greatest guitarist on earth. I actually had a lot of confidence because I am pretty good. I can sing to. It was a confusing time. I also thought I was the star of a 24/7 documentary on my life.

3 Likes

I love writing songs, and playing in a band, but I’ve never wanted to be famous or anything like that. Too much intrusion upon your private life, I couldn’t take it

4 Likes

I used to get so angry cause I never felt like I was left alone. I thought people stared at me cause I was famous. I could see how it would get tiring.

1 Like

I was in bands in high school and between going to college…it was fun but we never could get it together…I played solo for a crowd of about 250 people one time…loved it…now I just play bluegrass every six months for family and friends…i’m good with that.

3 Likes

I had the highest grade in drama class and got a standing ovation on a monologue I did for a school talent show I did in high school! I didn’t go for an acting career though unlike the person who got second highest grade In my class, he was turned down for any part he tried for at the local live theater but he’s still trying. Last I heard he moved to the big city and is in an unheard of band struggling to make ends meet… He also got mad when I was having an identity crisis and kept trying to figure out if I liked men or women… My mom had convened me people who are bi are actually just confused… Turns out I’m bi…

3 Likes

I totally thought I’d be a rockstar by now. Played in bands in my 20s, wanted to go to Musicians Institute out in California but couldn’t afford it, was obsessed with musician culture. Now I’m happy I don’t have to deal with that stuff. There’s such a freedom in being nobody.

3 Likes

When I was a small boy of three in the afternoons I’d sometimes pound the cushions in the den and watch the dust motes in the sunlight. I’d feel the greatest pity because there were so many. I’d say I wish I could show all of you attention. You see, I thought I was God. I conjecture it was a defense mechanism for my insignificant feeling I had about myself. I never want to feel like a number in the infinite cosmos. I wanted to make as big an impact as The Beatles did but I didn’t even know how to play guitar or sing. Maybe I should let myself feel insignificant and like it?

1 Like

Honestly, no. That was before I discovered how awesome I am at Guitar Hero.

I coulda been a contender!!

:sob:

2 Likes

I was in a rock band with the best guitarist from our high school.
I was the lead singer.

My brother played the bass

7 Likes

I still do at age 50. It is still my escape plan. I get nervous speaking to more than one person so I would fail big time.

2 Likes

I never tried Guitar Hero. Maybe if there was ever a Banjo Hero I would be interested in making my fortune with that. You know how many broken down bowling alleys would be busting in my door?

Yup! 37 in the state of Minnesota.

1 Like

You realize that I’m going to post vids of my doing some really horrible virtual bowling just for you?

I expect banjo music!

1 Like

Haha! It is a banjo but whether I can play actual music is another dilemma.

:nerd_face:

2 Likes

Can’t be worse than me on the keytar.

1 Like

I played in a bunch of bands, played out a lot, but it never crossed my mind that I’d become some “famous rock star” especially coz at that time everybody who got signed got REAMED. Absolutely fcked sideways by the label with no way out and usually hardly made dime one after production costs, promotion costs including video production, on and on all paid for before the “artist” sees any $$$ at all. So I never even thought about it, coz how are they going to market a fat Germanic psycho who plays great but looks like a disaster. Fck em. I did my own first noise performance promoted by me, produced by me, all tech by me and I got about 50 people coming and going, mostly WTF but at least they showed up. It was fun, but so far off the radar that the normals would say “is something caught in the dispose-all again?”

3 Likes
1 Like

I am an underpaid rockstar, and definitely underrated.:grinning:

1 Like

Isn’t Brian Wilson schizophrenic? I wonder if he is here on this forum.

I play blues when I tire of the classical stuff.

@Jinx man I would love that…he’s my favorite sz musician.

1 Like