Did you see your parents desperate about you?

Ok, my illness was severe and it lasts since way too long…
But now i fight.
Its just, that my mom is desperate about me, she cries a lot and curses her fate sometimes, which is overwhelming for me… Well, i am trying to learn to be compassionate about the grief of my loved ones, but i still feel bad, when my mom sees it all so bad :confused:
In fact, my pdoc stated, that i’ll always be in pain and now, my mom believes that… Anyway.
Maybe its natural to be desperate around a sz in the family? Sheesh, its just hard…

4 Likes

No, but that’s because I live with my spouse and not my parents. I think if they fully knew what was going on they would feel that desperate feeling.

2 Likes

It’s always hard to assist when you don’t know a particular households errr… bottom line(!)

I presume you cannot work?

Can you get government assistance?

Are the absence of these putting any pressure on her?

(Sorry, I was a money-man in most of my roles for work when I worked.)

We’ll do it somehow…
I touch a disability, but in my country, its just 100 euros, while a human being needs around 500 euros to live. But dont worry, maybe i have my chances. I swallow my zyprexa, i made a bit my peace, that i’ll be always different and i cant always want to have everything in life :slight_smile:
Its just hard that my mom turned so desperate… I was out of my mind tbh for decades, so i was scared around someone who was suffering and i was running away… But it wasnt very good from the side of my pdoc to tell to my mom, that i’ll always suffer… Now my mom believes, that i’ll always be alone and sick etc…
Tbh, i have to make a progress on the compassion too, but my mom doesnt believe in my happiness a bit and this is hard… I guess the relations between mother and daughter are quite delicate lol… I know, that i need to change, but when my mom starts to complain about her fate for hours, i end up by going at my flat… She even blames me for that, she says, that i run away. Yeap, i run away in fact but i am still paranoid i guess…
But well, i know very well, that i need to change on lot of things, even on my feelings… Love, love and virtues mostly :slight_smile:
But yeap, my mom got desperate, its sad :confused:

2 Likes

Try to give yourself a lot of self care.

And This is MAJOR projection from me; BUT

Ask her what she wants to see! Ask her if she wants you to stay, or wants you to go.!

You did say you have a flat to retreat to, did I read that correctly?

My parents were desperate about me at the beginning of my sz, they did everything, they brought me to vacations around the world etc but now they leave me alone and got used to me doing nothing in my life other than playing video games and cooking. They’re not desperate anymore. But I still feel that they and my brothers would be better if I didnt have sz, idk maybe I made their lives worse as I was the best and smartest in my family before sz, I took the big decisions for my family etc now I dont, I let them do whatever they want.

1 Like

It is hard. My family is the same way about me but for different reasons (being trans). They just flat out don’t believe I have sza

3 Likes

No idea who my father is. My mom desperate over me? Helped abuse me when I was younger and then latched onto me for financial support when I was older. I’m honestly glad she’s dead. It makes my life easier and more pleasant.

2 Likes

The disease of schizophrenia is not hopeless now. There are better drugs than before and there are moments when I feel good and perhaps normal. It is chronic, but not “desperate.”

This is exactly my mom. And unfortunately over the years I’ve tried so many folk treatments to cure my condition, and I had to eat food that I didn’t want to eat.

Over the years, it has traumatized me to the point that I believed I didn’t matter unless I was “normal”.

1 Like

The disease can be tough on a family.
You can try and explain what you’re going through, but I’m not quite sure other family members can understand.

Involving someone who understands both sides of what’s going on can help.

I think my dad is worried about me cos I never leave my house

1 Like

Just wow!
I’m sorry @shutterbug

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.