Did you feel better when you quit smoking

What did you notice? It says AD and AP work better and sleep quality is increased.

If you smoke cigarettes. Nicotine itself has no effect on meds.

On NHS website it states that increases anxiety and interacts with medication

1 Like

Nope no nada zero ništa

My pdoc told me that nicotine interacts with AP dose and when you give up smoking often you have to reduce the AP dose. I gave up multiple times and didn’t notice anything with AP side effects, but kept having positive symptom relapses. I think for me nicotine works as an AP. So I took up vaping nicotine instead of smoking. Vaping is probably not completely harmless, but it’s most likely less damaging than smoking and it has worked for me in terms of abstinence from cigarettes. In an ideal world I wouldn’t smoke or vape.
I feel heaps better physically for not smoking, my sense of smell came back, I don’t cough, I don’t get short of breath so easily, I don’t stink of cigarettes etc. Plus I have heaps more money

2 Likes

I quit smoking in July using patches and gum and now lozenges. So I’m still getting nicotine. The things I’ve noticed is 1 I can breath better and haven’t used my rescue inhaler once for asthma 2 I don’t smell 3 I’m saving a ton of money 3 I have more time 4 I don’t feel like I’m going to die of lung cancer. 5 I am less depressed.

It’s totally worth it to quit smoking. I could never quit before because I was around smokers. When I left my husband and moved to a new town where I didn’t know anyone to bum a cigarette from and got patches and gum and then lozenges I finally was able to do it. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done and patches alone wasn’t enough. If you try patches make sure you scrub off all the dead skin on your arm first so the patches will stick good or else they don’t work right. Just something I noticed.

5 Likes

I felt much better when I quit smoking.

Tried to quit, a few times, stress of it flairs up my symptoms

I still smoke cigs barely occasionally. I mostly vape though. I dont think it affects meds or sleep quality though. At least not in my experience

im off th ecigarettes 8 yrs…my health has greatly improved

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.