Diarrhea poll

Do you suffer with frequent bouts of watery stools or diarrhea?

• Once a day
  • Twice a day
  • More than twice a day
  • I rarely have diarrhea

0 voters

1 Like

I suffer from IBS and currently experiencing digestive issues.
I will experience diarrhea at least once a day, sometimes twice.

My brother is the same way

1 Like

Have the doctors got an idea what might be causing the digestive issues or is it from ibs

I don’t know, I see a gastro doctor next week.
Hopefully I’ll be getting some answers soon.

2 Likes

When I get flare ups ibs I get it a couple of times a day

1 Like

If my IBS is flaring up, then yes, otherwise no.

1 Like

I used to have diarrhea predominant IBS but a couple years ago it switched and now I seem to have the opposite problem when I’m flared up or I alternate, constipation followed by diarrhea is one that happens to me sometimes. It’s never fun when IBS flares up that’s for sure. I do remember when I was diarrhea predominant that I would never eat if I had to leave the house, I would wait to eat until after all my errands and appointments were done and still sometimes that didn’t save me from having to find a bathroom while I was out. It wasn’t nice.

2 Likes

I’m more constapated and can go days or longer without release.

1 Like

@Wave

Do you take magnesium?

2 Likes

No not any more @anon17132524

1 Like

My Nutrition doctor thinks that the stomach virus I had flared up my IBS symptoms.

I have the opposite problem .

1 Like

Man according the poll I can see that it’s not normal.
Glad I’m seeing the gastro doctor soon.

My Dad thinks that it’s the fish oil capsules I take.
He told me to stop taking it. @everhopeful

1 Like

I haven’t told anyone but I assume it’s ok as my blood test was done and my liver and prolactin was my only problems

1 Like

I used to regularly have diarrhea, but It went away when I stopped taking Metformin, a diabetes medication.

1 Like

@ElGato my husband had that same issue on it for years, so he went off it. I was never given Metformin or any meds, they just watched my A1C shoot up and did insulin, which after 5 weeks shut down my kidneys cause the Zyprexa was messing it all up so bad, so I should never have been put on insulin. I did 5 blood sticks a day, 2 doses of 70units a day, regardless of reading cause that’s what the doctor ordered. My sugars were never above 115 before insulin, but the insulin would drop me to 45 so quick. That was a ■■■■■■■ mess. Dropped the zyprexa and all was fine within a month, lost 115lbs too from March-Oct. No diet change or any exercise, I’ve been mostly bedridden since August. That’s a really bad effect they need to take into consideration when putting people on meds. And zyprexa did nothing to help my symptoms anyway!

1 Like

I didn’t take the fish oil this morning, I’ll see how I do.
It might be a permanent thing.

I have IBS which flares up from time to time. If I have white bread, it makes my stomach upset

1 Like

Funny because white bread is supposed to settle down an upset stomach.
Maybe you have Celiac disease?

I don’t think so. I eat plenty of wheat products with no issues. Most likely it just irritates my bowels

1 Like