Diabetic snack suggestions

Making this thread for any suggestions for diabetic snacks. If you’re diabetic, what is a snack that you enjoy that doesn’t spike your blood sugar too badly?

Feel free to comment if you’re not diabetic and want to include something as well.

1 Like

Peanuts? Seaweed salad or seaweed crisps?

2 Likes

Never tried seaweed crisps. They any good?

2 Likes

I like them, we get them from Costco. Though they taste a bit like fish so if you don’t like fish or sea food, you won’t like it. I just stated what I like.

1 Like

Fresh snap peas are good and healthy too.

Furthermore, the low glycemic index (GI) rank of green peas makes them a diabetic-friendly food , since they are unlikely to spike your blood sugar

1 Like
4 Likes

Fresh tomato slices with a splash of hot sauce.

Cucumber slices with a bit of hummus on top.

A boiled egg.

Half of a steamed red potato (a bit higher on the glycemic index, but filling and satisfying).

2 Likes

I should do these more often. I like boiled eggs.

Thanks for the link @77nick77

2 Likes

I love a snack of a cheese stick at night.

1 Like

My 79 year old grandma is diabetic and she loves avocados!

1 Like

Nachos - 10 chips with a pinch of shredded mexican blend cheese on each chip, nuke for 45 secs, nuke 3 tbsp refried beans in a bowl for 45 secs then spoon evenly onto each chip, then top each chip with your favorite toppings like tomato, salsa, cilantro, queso, corn, sour cream, or meat

2 Likes

You can get diabetic chocolate here

1 Like

Can you imagine this, I used to work in a health food store. They even did diabetic Jam/marmalade.

I think it is because it used xylitol sugar. This doesn’t raise blood sugar like table sugar

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.