Desperate to feel 'normal'

I want to study have a job a car good friends etc I’m feeling down about it. I feel like nothing is ever going to change. Sorry for posting so much I’m just lonely and have no one to talk to :frowning:

5 Likes

With time things will get better the medication unfortunately is very slow to work but it gets better with time. You can achieve anything you put your mind to.

1 Like

I feel like I’m sunken down with heavy weights. I cant hold a job I cant even look after my flat. All my friends have disowned me I just feel like giving up

2 Likes

It’s a marathon not a race. Sz is a big life changer but it’s not something you let defeat you. Fight it every day.

Get the meds right first. Get into a positive headspace where your improving or maintaining. Getting the pills right is the first step and it takes time with psych meds…

We’ve all been there. I got diagnosed and couldn’t wait to get better. That takes time though so don’t be worrying and start doing some exercise now!

2 Likes

I dont even accept being ill. I have even had jobs while being in hospital I know that sounds weird but I have 2x while in long term rehabilitation hospitals. I was okay for a week then all my so called symptoms would take over and I’d fall apart and end up worse than I started off. I also did this with study. I managed to do a chemistry paper and get 79% but quickly relapsed near the end

1 Like

I lost all of my friends, but the ones I have now are real friends. It’s more important that you have people who really care. Life can sometimes make us feel bad. What works for me is just focusing on what the solutions are and head towards those. I recommend to take care of your health and work with Doctors and talk with any family or support system you have.

I dont have any friends that have stayed. I dont go out or put efforts into relationships because of paranoia. I’m a mess really I’m sick of living like this

1 Like

I know what it feels like to be paranoid of everyone. What got me through it was understanding that everything can be viewed through that lens if we choose to. Having a friend and talking with people is a leap, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be cautious. Sometimes cities also have places where other people with mental illnesses can meet up and talk and that helps.

1 Like

Yeah theres a few places I know of where I live but my anxiety attacks prevent me being accessible to going out. I had a job at a rest home about 5 months ago and thought the old woman was planning to kill me even though she was bed bound. I was so disappointed as this job was right up my alley cause I want to be a doctor

1 Like

It sounds to me like at this time the solution is to get the anxiety and paranoia under control, are you working with a doctor or have a counselor you can talk to?

1 Like

I did have a psychologist but because I spent 13 weeks in hospital recently I’ve gone back on the waiting list. I dont tell the pdoc everything but I’m quite close with my nurse and the staff where I live. The other day I just got so frustrated with everything I told the pdoc I was fine even though I’m clearly not

1 Like

Yeah I think once you are working with someone to get the paranoia manageable and anxiety under control you’ll be in a much better spot. I’ve had to take time off work because of losing my grasp on reality and what kept me from losing it was the people like my Doctor or my family. I recommend finding the people who can help get you in a better spot. You can do it.

1 Like

Thanks. I feel like things are never going to change. Sometimes I feel like running like moving away from my problems but staff where I live say I’m safest there. I guess I’ve felt better today as pdoc rearranged the clozapine and I think its helped already

1 Like

I’ve tried to leave everything behind and just started walking down the road without anything, a few days later I got picked up by the police and ended up back in the hospital. I was lucky that I didn’t end up wandering around homeless, and I realized that running from my problems isn’t the solution, it’s a way to avoid the problems instead of learning how to deal with them or live with them. I know it’s terrible sometimes but just focusing on where you want to be seems to work well.

1 Like

Oh lucky you got picked up! I kind of feel like that just leaving it all behind just the clothes on my back. Very scary place to be in I think

1 Like

It’s not the answer, trust me on this one.

1 Like

I really appreciate you talking with me. It has helped alot :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.