Derealization, light sensitivity and music as a cure

About an hour ago I felt mild anxiety. Not normal anxiety like sweaty hands and a rapid heart rate though. Just mild derealization. I was watching the big bang theory on netflix and my mind felt foggy as if I couldn’t focus. I don’t know of something triggered this episode or if it occurs randomly. I know one cause of derealization for me is travelling at night time on public transport. Anyway as it happened to me in my room, I felt like I was more sensitive to light. My face was stuck in a frown. My eyebrows were crossed. I’m not sure if derealization can cause light sensitivity. I listened to Bon Jovi living on a prayer and got goosebumps. I’m not sure if listening to music has ‘reset’ the derealization episode. I’ll find out now as I try to watch the rest of the big bang theory.

2 Likes

I was able to finish off the episode of the big bang theory without any mind fog. I really hope music can help me with derealization.

1 Like

I’ve spent years thinking my reality isn’t real. Ever since I got put on Clozapine I have these spurts where I’m in touch with reality and it’s a really weird feeling. I like it though.

2 Likes

When I was tired at work I used to get in another dimension where reality was like a dream, everything was strange, I didn’t know where I was or who I was

2 Likes

I’m glad you could finish the show! Aka, I’m glad the mind fog didn’t come back! Hopefully, music becomes a significant help!

1 Like

I’ve always been sensitive to light. I special order sunglasses that look like they have welder’s glass in them, you’ll never see me outside without them. I removed 2/3 of the tubes from the lighting in my office, which others refer to as “The Cave”. I constantly follow my family around at home and turn lights off as well.

Listening to music helps me with positive symptoms, but doesn’t hit any sort of reset for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.