Depakote really is a miracle med for mood symptoms

I hope I don’t jinx it by saying this but I’ve experienced no depression in like 2 months now. Sounds not that long but that’s huge for me. It took for freakin ever to fully work, took like 2 weeks to pull me out of intense depression, then another 2 weeks to pull me out of moderate depression, then another 2 weeks of mild depression but after that ended I’ve had nothing since. I used to have constant mood swings where I’d be terrified to go a week without therapy because I never knew where I’d be emotionally by the end of the week, even in the span of one day I could go from being perfectly content to wanting to die. It also has helped a lot with my anxiety, I noticed it began working for anxiety much sooner than for the depression and pretty much got it under control in just 2 weeks.

It doesn’t even really give me bad side effects either! It does take me longer to orgasm now, but I can still do it fine, and if I take it late then it makes it really hard to wake up in the morning but I just take it around 5-6pm and it’s not a problem! Nothing else. Definitely would recommend it!!

8 Likes

Very cool. You find something that works you stick with it! Glad it’s working. Depression is more troublesome to me than the positive symptoms. It really does reek!

3 Likes

It’s my miracle med.
Squashes Anxiety better than Klonopin.
Just make sure that you monitor your liver functioning.

Haven’t been Manic or Severely depressed since being back on Depakote.

Felt a bit depressed for a couple of weeks but nothing severe.
Had a good day today.

I’ve been on Depakote for years and without it I would be Institutionalized.

6 Likes

I’m so glad you found a good med for you. Depakote works for me as well!

2 Likes

Haha, this is really old. I don’t think she is even on it anymore.

2 Likes

Oops. I didn’t see how old this depakote thread was. :grin:

2 Likes

Its okay guys… i will ask anna… if she still takes it…

1 Like

Thanks. I just saw this thread down in “suggested topics” and didn’t realize it was an old thread. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Its okay bee…

1 Like

I do still take it and it does still work quite well :slight_smile: thanks for asking!

3 Likes

@Anna u good on depakote…!!! Now…!!

2 Likes

When I was first put on Depakote on the psych ward years ago back in 1997, it made me s-it my pants and make a mess of the hospital carpet. I couldn’t help it. The ward nurses acted like I did it on purpose. They were so mean. I was trying to clean it up and they accused me of “rubbing it into the carpet”. Why are people so cruel? Anyway, Depakote made me drool at the mouth too. And it did nothing for my suicidal depression. And I was on it for years.

1 Like

I’ve been on Depakine for 6 years or so. It’s a good med (for me)

3 Likes

I’m sorry you went through that situation

2 Likes

I’m thinking of switching back to Depakote from Lithium. While I did get depressed on it which the Lithium has helped a lot, I’m getting so much acne on Lithium I can’t go outside. Both are great for mania though. I figure the Latuda can handle the depression now though, and the Depakote the mania

1 Like

That is so awful that you went through that. I’m so sorry.

1 Like

I only got one depressive episode on depakote and it was far milder than my normal episodes I think it just mellows out extremes for me.

2 Likes