Hallucinations called voices

I have schizophrenia. I hear these things called voices. They are very scary. They make me feel unsafe when I’m in areas that I know I am safe. They say awful things like curse words and I hope you kill yourself and that my punishment is coming. I believe them, but my mom helps me. The way to get them to stop is my mom telling me that they are not real and lying with me in her arms. These voices make my life very difficult to go on with my life, but I have a lot of help from my family and friends. I go to therapy and my therapist has this trick with me. I go to my safe place and my therapist taps her finger on my knees, back and forth for 5 minutes. After that, we see where I am on a scale of 1-10. We keep doing that till I get to 1. This helps so much. I’m getting through all of this and by doing that it makes me stronger.

3 Likes

Hello, nice to meet you! I’m glad you’ve found some trucks to help you through the voices. That’s awesome! I have voices too. They’re mostly internal, but I’m told they’re still hallucinations. This forum is great for finding support and making friends. I believe it is helpful to so many of us. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Hi,
Thanks so much! It’s good to know there are others out there. Can you tell me more about your voices? Do they say anything? If they do what do they say?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.