Deceiving your young kids into eating healthy

3 Likes

My daughter was very ill from birth until a couple years after she had some surgeries. She was about 10 when she started to get healthy. Anyway, I had her on a very heathy diet all that time because she needed the nutrients. I found ways to get her veggies etc in her diet. I’m glad I did because I think it helped a lot.

1 Like

My grandma is a fantastic health cook, slips healthy stuff into everything she cooks. It works flawlessly except when she puts apple sauce into brownies or cookies, that always ruins them.

2 Likes

My kids love new foods. I like that we can cook most everything. It’s easier for sure.

1 Like

My first born never needed me to hide healthy food. She always loved her veggies. Loved, loved, loved them. I couldn’t even get her to stop eating my veggies off MY plate too. My son on the other hand was a different story. I had to hide the veggies. It was always a struggle when he was little. But I would cut up onions, tomatoes, squash, mushrooms, carrots, spinach and broccoli in little tiny pieces and hide it in pasta sauces and he would eat it up just fine. And there were lots of days where he just had grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup, no veggies at all. lol. But I’m very happy to report that he turned out to have very healthy eating habits as an adult and always eats his veggies now and doesn’t eat sugar. Wish I would have known that before it would have stopped me from stressing out when he was little. Oh well I guess all parents stress on their kids nutrition, it’s part of the job.

2 Likes

You got that right. I worried a lot about my daughter Sparrow. She’s 23 now so I guess she survived.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.