Decaffinated coffee acts as an appetite supressant

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/research-review-coffee-hunger

Conclusion
While caffeine has long been used as an appetite suppressant, in this study it was decaffeinated coffee that resulted in significantly lower hunger levels and higher plasma levels of PYY than placebo (plain water) and the other caffeinated beverages.

8 Likes

Really interesting. Am going to get some decaf coffee.

3 Likes

Yeah, when I’m between meals and have a craving, the taste of black coffee does tend to kill my appetite. But if you’re going to put sugar or milk in it, you might as well opt for a healthy snack instead.

I’ve been drinking more decaf recently. I drink one cup regular coffee per day and otherwise decaf.

Basically all I have in my house are fresh veg, hamburger and frozen salmon…salt and pepper. I’ve gotten used to it.

I used to drink decaf. It never had that effect on me.

Coffee isn’t benefiting me in any way not even energy. Might as well try decaf. I just like the taste.

Make sure to get decaf that hasn’t been treated with solvents like methylene chloride or ethyl acetate, these are poisonous.

There’s a safe decaf method that uses carbon dioxide to remove the caffeine; Starbucks’ decaf beans are processed with that method. There are others though.

is diet coke basically the same thing? i used to drink it when i was crash dieting and i never felt hungry.

The study was only done on 11 males.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.