Dangerous delusions

What if you think that your family is plotting against you, and you kill them first?
This is what happened to a fellow schizophrenic some years ago in Greece.
Delusions may be fun, sometimes, but may be dangerous. We have to take our meds.
This is our responsibility and duty

5 Likes

If you live unmedicated, you live with a serious responsibility and risk

2 Likes

Idk what I may be capable of when I’m psychotic

2 Likes

I believed some way out stuff. I’m glad I never acted on any of that. Sz makes you think some seriously disturbed stuff but there’s plenty of examples out there. Read up on Jim Gordon. He was a great session drummer in the 70’s.

1 Like

If a schizophrenic commits a crime, while unmedicated, he has no excuse. He knew the risk

1 Like

Yeah. I agree to a certain extent. Still. Paranoia can make you do strange defensive things. I get you before you get me type behavior. You still know what is right but the threat is there in the disturbed mind.

No one wins with violence.

2 Likes

When I was delusional and psychotic I thought my husband wanted me dead. At no time did I ever want to hurt him. I chose to try and take my own life to get away from him instead.

Thankfully at no time have I ever wanted to cause harm to anyone. Apart from the “my husband wanting me dead” delusion all the others were rather nice. Like going next door to the Care Flight Doctors and asking if they wanted to play Twister!

2 Likes

While unrelated to delusions, when the “spirit” that controls my body went to try to strangle the caregiver and then my roommate, I could not do anything to stop it. The caregiver luckily intercepted both attempts.

I have a “spirit” of a hebephrenic that controls me. But I am medicated, I do what I can.
If i was unmedicated, it would be my responsibility

My mother in law is waiting for a moment to poison me. And my husband might want to kill me after an argument so I keep a knife downstairs in the room where I go after an argument. But I’d never kill him or his mother. As I know it has bad consequences. The voice in my head sometimes says I must kill my husband but I don’t listen to him as I love my husband.

1 Like

@Hadeda you need to tell your psychiatrist that you’re having these thoughts and that you’re keeping a knife.

4 Likes

I wouldnt say that’s completely fair. One of the biggest problems with this illness is paranoid delusions. There are people who are convinced that their meds are poison among other things.

I get what you’re saying, but it’s not always as easy as choosing to take your meds or not. I’m not saying I’m anti medicine, on the contrary I’m 100% for medicine, I’m just saying it’s not so black and white as to why one may not want to take their meds. Lack of insight is one of the worst parts about schizophrenia.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.