Cutting back on alcohol

I’m cutting back from drinking 6-7 days/week to just two days/week.

I have no interest in fully quitting, but by drinking only on Fridays and Saturdays it will be less negative for my health, and also will save me some money and calories.

I’ve gained two pounds in the past month, and I know the Manhattans, beer and malt liquor have made significant contributions to my daily caloric intake. I know two pounds isn’t much, but it’s the opposite of what I want. Really I want to drop 25 pounds, get back to what I weighed when I was 25 years old and still looked good with a shirt off.

11 Likes

Good luck @freakonaleash!

1 Like

Health better affects the psyche, good luck!

1 Like

Good Luck! - Its been impressed on me for years that alcohol ruins the beneficial effects of your Ap’s - so maybe in time you will be able to lower your dose as well! If your gonna drink - i would at least try to pack in the top-shelf spirits and stick to a light beer?

1 Like

I’ve really cut back on my drinking, and I’ve lost 20 pounds since the New Year. I only drink like 3/4 days a week, and it’s only one beer per night. Good luck to you, @freakonaleash

2 Likes

im honestly not enjoying beer and wine anymore. don’t know why, maybe it’s the meds.

1 Like

Good for you Leash. I wish you the best. Let us know from time to time how you are doing with it.

:innocent:

1 Like

That’s a great way to cut calories :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah alcohol is empty calories. I’m drinking way less. I too, enjoy a beer and it’s not something I’ll ever quit entirely but losing weight is a priority for me too at the moment!

1 Like

I completely quit, but honestly I’d like to get to the point where I can enjoy one or two and be fine. My problem is that one leads to two, which leads to three, which leads to four, ect.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.