Crows are very smart

Once I had my lunch on the park bench and then one crow came, I started giving it some food, as soon as this crow got food, it went and did hide it and came back for more …it did it many times … very smart …

5 Likes
1 Like

There is a really good PBS Nature documentary called “A Murder of Crows”. A group or flock of crows is sometimes referred to as a “murder” of crows.

1 Like

The collective term for owls is a ‘parliament of owls’

3 Likes

my favorite…a bunch of baboons is a congress…thats about right…

I know a man who spilt the tongue of a crow when it was young… it can now say words…

4 Likes

Isn’t that comparison a little bit insulting to the baboons? :grin:

5 Likes

lol… ahh…you made me gut laugh… thank you for laugh of the day 1/10…

1 Like

ahh that was fake info… dam internet… a bunch of baboons is a troup or troop… I guess depending on if your English or not… it was a political meme and you and I played it out exactly as it was intended… I say congress is like a bunch of baboons you say that’s insulting to the baboons… check and mate on both of us lol…

1 Like

Love crows :heart_eyes:

I’ve posted this before. I think some of the old venery terms are pretty funny.

2 Likes

holy crap… I had to right click and open in new window 5 things and im only in the c’s… thanks for posting this ocd trap… I must know what animal those names are for…

update they are all birds so far…lol

1 Like

I like crows as well. You can see them appraising you when you approach them. I quite like their call as well, although my mum says it is not a nice sound. They don’t deserve their macabre reputation given them by Edgar Allan Poe and the Damian Omen films!

oh they deserve their macabre rep they are carrions… but it should also be noted odin had 2 companion ravens who hold a very respectable place and their kaah call is responsible for a veeking rune sound… I would guess animal calls are part of the basics for our spoken language…

2 Likes

“Crows are very smart”

Planet Of The Crows

1 Like

“get your dirty stinking talons off me, you damned dirty crow”, “kaah you, kaah you all”

also Samuel L Jackson must play the marlin brando role…

1 Like