Covid does it still worry you? POLL

Covid still worries me. I didn’t get the opportunity to have the latest booster.

You could be one infection away from that changing. Repeat covid infections cause cumulative damage to major organs as well. Initial research results are tilting very strongly in this direction, they just don’t have the numbers to make it definitive yet. That’s coming. Odds are that we’ll know for certain by summer of 2024 that covid has been more damaging than people were willing to give it credit for.

1 Like

I’m worried about it, but I’m boosted and still try to maintain social distancing. It’s still in the back of my mind when I go out. But I’m not as concerned as I was when it was at it’s height

Gotcha- cool, I’ll just keep doing what I’ve been doing and stay as safe as I can without living in terror. You do you.

People gotta live, I’d just like for them to understand what the risks are before they go out. There’s so much misinformation out there at the moment.

I understand and I watch CNN every morning. It’s just I’ve had a lot of near death experiences in my life so I just can’t garner the energy to worry about it too much. I’m not going to go and give big ol’smooches on strangers faces, but that’s probably more to do with my shyness than anything else.

1 Like

No no no no no. Ankles first - faces after.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve bitten my fair share of ankles back in my naughtier days:)

2 Likes

I have yet to get it so I’m extra cautious.

3 Likes

Hells yes I’m still concerned about it - I still wear the mask, social distancing, disinfecting etc, I’ve always believed there was more to COVID than they were letting on, people were (and continue to) dying, unfortunately now people seem to think “COVID is over” which it is not. People continue to become sick, and some die. I’m not taking chances.

2 Likes

I am. Have had twice. The second time triggered sudden onset diabetes. Not interested in finding what a 3rd will do.

5 Likes

Hickies will start appearing on your ankles.

:blush:

2 Likes

I was boosted. The whole family avoided it until mid-December. Husband tested positive, and so did I a day later. Youngest daughter was positive a few days after that. Middle child was positive a few weeks later. The kids got over it quickly and had limited symptoms. My daughter didn’t have anything but a mild sore throat for a day or two. I am still having chest congestion on and off with coughing, and hubby also still gets cough. Of course, hubby and I are overweight with other health issues.

I’m not scared of getting it in general because I don’t interact with people. My daughter never stopped wearing a mask to school, so she is a bit safer than the average student. My son works in customer service, though, and is easily the most exposed. Hubby works a ways apart from only one other guy on most shifts.

I have a very shiny hand sanitizer holder that hangs on my purse as well as spare N95 masks, so I’m prepared if I do go out.

Edit: I do not know what shape my lungs are in, and that scares me a bit. The PEs I had were in place for a while the first time. I never really looked into that. With Covid on top of it, I’m thinking about visiting a pulmonologist just to see.

2 Likes

The things I read online about Covid reinfection and cumulative damage and worsening symptoms is the main reason I got myself an online doc and made sure that I got Paxlovid, despite it being the weekend. I couldnt get a prescriiption from regular doc and took emergency actions. I credit it for my sickness being relatively mild and short.

SOme of the stuff I read online was, frankly, scary.

1 Like

Havent had it yet. Lucky.
Still around like a threat though.

2 Likes

I’m still wary of it. Maybe like a lot of other people I’m guilty of getting more comfortable with it being around.

I’ve got all my vax’s though, and I wash my hands every time I come home from the store. In fact I wash my hands religiously. I probably don’t even have fingerprints.

I live in a retirement home though, and I know a lot of people in the building have gotten it.

I just consider myself lucky that I haven’t caught it yet.

3 Likes

I tested negative for COVID-19. I’m going to test myself again Monday. I’ve been without a mask for a while. I do believe I had covid way back last year. I didn’t go anywhere if I could.

1 Like

I get out every day and have still never had it. But it killed my father so I know what it can do. He had COPD and that was just too much.

No. It amazes me, the human capacity to overcome obstacles. Covid was terrifying at first but we just like neutralized it with needle…pretty good for a monkey cousin

@Phrogflyer aww im sorry to hear that, it can be devastating for some

1 Like