Console wars

• PS4
  • Xbox one
  • Nintendo switch

0 voters

I think Nintendo will win

Nintendo got a late start this console generation. I’ve read somewhere it has nearly outsold the Xbox already. PS4 has sold the most so far although if Nintendo continues pumping out excellent games I can see it catching up. As for which one I prefer… it is a difficult question to answer, I really like my PS4 but I love my Switch. I think I’ll go with the Switch. Despite the disparity in graphics, the Switch has some special feeling. I think the handheld mode makes it something else.

1 Like

I switched from Xbox 360 to PS4 because Xbox One wasn’t backwards compatible at the time. That was a dealbreaker for me. I got a Switch later when Skyrim released for it… I now have both PS4 and Switch but I prefer the Switch by far because I love the option of using it handheld. I don’t play the PS4 much anymore. Nintendo keeps getting great ports like Dark Souls and Don’t Starve.

All Nintendo needs to do to steal me from Sony completely is upgrade their hardware to be able to handle the same games. Right now Nintendo’s only drawback is that it’s not as powerful as the PS4/Xbone so it doesn’t get the same games. A Switch Plus would solve this.

However my PS4 is my dedicated Netflix, Hulu, Hbo, and Blu-Ray viewing machine.

2 Likes

There have been rumors of an advanced Switch. The Switch Lite one proved to be true. The advanced Switch is highly likely. The PS5 and Xbox Scarlet are not far off. We’ll see what Nintendo does.

1 Like

I really think that the PS5 and… Scarlet is it? Man Microsoft sucks at naming consoles… are gonna suffer from a lack of games for their first few years. This was a big issue with PS4 and Xbox One. I might actually wait on the new systems and just play my Switch, which should have tons of ports from the PS4’s greatest games like KH3 or Call of Duty.

1 Like

It is called project Scarlet though the console’s official name has yet to be released. So far the only game I’ve seen screenshots of for the PS5 is Gran Turismo. The thing about the PS5 which is a huge selling point is the backwards capability with PS4 games. I did see some screenshots of Spider-man running on the PS5. Should be interesting.

On another note, some insiders have spoken about the graphical capabilities of each and the rumors suggest that that surprisingly the PS5 comes out on top. However those comments are unconfirmed as of yet.

Knowing me, I’ll likely get the newer switch and the ps5 because I’m a sucker for video games. I’ve avoided the Xbox consoles since the first one. Mostly because most Xbox games are on PC as well.

1 Like

Oh dude if it’s backwards compatible than I will definitely buy it. It will also probably have a 4k Ultra HD Disc Drive like the newest Xbox One has… which is gonna overtake Blu Ray in a couple decades I’m sure.

1 Like

What I read suggests that the ps5 and Xbox will be equipped with some form of 8k capabilities the article goes on to suggest that does not matter much yet as there are few 8k televisions and they tend to be incredibly expensive. Down the road it might come into play. The 4k capability is darn near confirmed though as I read it from more than one source. I read several articles mentioning backwards capability from the ps5. Knowing Sony thought… I can’t say for sure. The same was said about ps3 and they quickly removed that from future ps3’s.

1 Like

Pc gamer all the way. Never got into consoles and always had a pc.

1 Like

I really love PC gaming too! So many great games on PC. As you know, I’m a huge Neverwinter Nights 1-2 fan. That being said thank goodness you’re not an elitist like so many in online forums. “Console peasants” lol the term comes off as snobby but it is largely used when the PC and consoles are discussed.

The PS4 is pretty cool, I mostly play it with friends. The Nintendo Switch on the other hand has a the handheld feature which makes it a unique enjoyment. With that being said, graphics, performance, and mods are seriously much better on a decent gaming rig. Luckily the gameplay of a controller is fun and easy for most to learn. The majority of PC games can be adapted for controller use, even hooked up to television, but I guess it all comes down to the price of a console versus that of a PC.

Truth be told, I find the price of games on PC due to sales and bundles (not to mention piracy which I no longer partake in) seems to even out the prices. Console games brand new are often 59.99 here in the U.S. some PC games carry that price tag yet the sheer amount of PC games makes it so that waiting for a sale is easier and seems to happen sooner than on consoles.

The playstation store and Nintendo shop have made games more affordable, I haven’t tried the Epic store buy I’m hoping it makes PC games more affordable due to the competition with Steam and GoG. So far the Epic exclusive which interests me is Ashen. It may be released on steam this year. We’ll see if Epic responds with a sale for that game. If it does, boy will things get interesting. Judging from online discussions it appears many users have a disdain for the Epic Store. I don’t know why, it isn’t like Xbox vs PS4 where exclusivity means having to own a console. Can’t PC gamers have both steam and the Epic store? Jeez… the snobiness.

1 Like

I’m into all consoles, but what stands out the most, and even to this day, is PlayStation. Ever since I played GTA 1 back in 1999, I fell in love with it.

Cant wait for PS5 and GTA VI !!

1 Like

Nintendo Switch :pleading_face::nerd_face::+1:t2:

2 Likes

The PSN store could use some more frequent sales, like Steam does for PC games, in my opinion. Switch has sales on its games fairly frequently, just check the news tab of your system’s home screen.

3 Likes

@agent101g Subscribe to PlayStation Now. They give our free games every month plus all games are cheaper than the retail price.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.