Cognitive issues. The only thing that helps me is Beta Alanine

But if I take it every day, I get mysterious aches and pains, so I can’t take it everyday. Only as a PRN.

Beta Alanine is like a miracle supplement for me, but others haven’t had success with it. It calms me down and makes me feel ok for a few hours.

Has anyone else found a supplement that helps with cognitive issues?

2 Likes

It’s probably obvious, but I believe Sarcosine may have caused a mild cognitive boost.

I stopped taking mine though because I did not believe the benefits were great enough to go to the trouble of ordering it all the time and taking it daily.

Could have just been placebo effect too, I dunno.

2 Likes

I think @everhopeful has blocked me.

I got new supplements yesterday, and I would advise anybody to call your pharmacy, or do it when you’re in there,

they can look up adverse affects coupling with psych meds.
we’ve talked about it on here before, you gotta Ask for guidance,
we’re not experts.

Blockquote

I guess caffeine helps my cognition a little.
Coffee that is.

2 Likes

What you mean by cognitive issues? It made you able to work full time?

2 Likes

Yea caffeine helps meds sedation and to not fall asleep during the day.

1 Like

The only thing that really worked for negative symptoms is Ldopa or lowering meds dosage.

1 Like

No it didn’t . It just allowed me to cope better cognitively with what life was throwing at me.

2 Likes

I was able to work full time in an accounting office while I was on 80mg Latuda. Can’t take it anymore though :frowning:

1 Like

You should try Latuda, it blocks dopamine less than Abilify. I couldn’t hold jobs on Abilify but was able to go to the gym and hangout with friends daily.

1 Like

I have a problem, it’s a criticism, that I never explain after a statement.

do you?

What do you mean?

well, why the hell can’t you stay on Latuda.

1 Like

Bcz I had insomnia, some positive symptoms, akathisia and nausea. Also had to take it with 350 calories min. Side effects were hell. At the end I also had some catatonic symptoms. I get these off meds worse

1 Like

What meds are you on?

I had suffered brain damage as a result of both my condition and antipsychotics. A psychological examination was conducted and they found issues in my PFC (working memory) but also my IQ had dropped. It has taken some time to help regain my cognitive functions. What I found helped the most was reading everyday (which I had to do as part of my degree) but also solving riddles. You can find many online. Like any muscle in the body, the brain needs exercise continuously

1 Like

there’s no perfect med.

1 Like

Yea I agree but there are some meds that are better than others for each person as we are all different.

2 Likes

I’ve only tried 3. Maybe I should experiment with more to see if some might help with my negatives or sleepiness during the day. Michigan seems to be having great success with vraylar. :thinking:

3 Likes

Did you try Latuda? I was able to work full time while on it. According to studies it blocks dopamine less than Abilify.