Cognitive issues. The only thing that helps me is Beta Alanine

No, I have only tried Haldol, Invega and Abilify. I kind of like the idea of the partial dopamine agonists though, that’s why I was thinking vraylar might be a good option to try. Maybe I will try Latuda though if you recommend it.

1 Like

Thats what I was originally thinking but according to studies some partial agonists still block more dopamine than full antagonists. Latuda is even weaker in blocking dopamine than Vraylar but Vraylar is weaker than Abilify. Thing is that weaker meds might not work well for positive symptoms. What sucks about sz is that blocking dopamine worsens negative symptoms but improves positive symptoms.

1 Like

Most meds seem to work for me thus far, so maybe a weaker med might work for me. Yeah, it’s hard to find the right balance.

1 Like

Actually Vraylar is a bit less effective than Latuda:

1 Like

Cognition can be very deceptive in terms of practical,real life functioning.

2 Likes

It didnt help me I tried it up to 3000mg. I even tried snorting it cuz im an idiot lol my nose was running like crazy.

1 Like

I don’t put much stock in what “they say”. Everyone is different.

I was on Olanzapine which didn’t work unless I was on an insanely high dose (40mg) and it is suppose to be one of the stronger antipsychotics. I tried abilify and that didn’t work at all, then I tried Lurasidone(Latuda) which is considered “weaker” than both and it worked out amazing.

2 Likes

its probably because your brain is more responsive to the chemical make up of lurasidone. I remember my pdoc was telling me about this test I could take through 23andme.com that would tell me which drugs I am most or least likely to respond to.

1 Like

I’m definitely more responsive to Lurasidone, and I am on a fairly low dose too, 60mg.

I’m of 2 minds on the DNA services.

As someone that went to University for Biology and wanted to be a geneticist when I was younger (before I developed schizophrenia and had to drop out) I find them very cool.

On the other hand I am worried about my privacy.

1 Like

yeah I agree. Im not too sure yet if I’d want to give my dna profile to a private company

1 Like

I guess there are exception, I was going with what studies show. But yea Zyprexa never worked for me.

1 Like

I’m not on Clozapine, but if I was:

I find using Lyrica (for chronic pain) also gives me some degree of mental relief. I know about two hours after I take my Lyrica my mood improves and I want to be outside walking.

1 Like