Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Schizophrenia

3 Likes

CBT seems to be helping me a bit.

2 Likes

Not to sound like a broken record, but I definitely got more out of DBT than I did with CBT :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My therapist used both interchangeably with me.

2 Likes

DBT helps me as well.
My therapist uses both.

1 Like

CBT helped me a lot. Not with psychosis but with anxiety and depression.

4 Likes

I asked about cbt years ago and got no help. I wondered if it would help me.

2 Likes

I have Zoom meetings with people in Recovery International.Recovery International It is self-help. We give structured examples to the group of how we manage symptoms that come up with ā€œspottingā€. The system belongs to Dr. Abraham Low, one of the first neuropsychiatrists, who died in 1954. It is not quite adequate for schizophrenia, but it IS something. This is the first CBT that came along. The book is ā€œMental Health through Will-Training.ā€

2 Likes

I used to get a fair few random fits of paranoid anger. After a while I figured out that I was just power tripping during them, so started saying to myself mid-anger ā€˜Iā€™m merely power tripping and thatā€™s not a very nice thing to be doingā€™. The anger would subside fairly quickly if I said it to myself several times in a couple of minutes.

The anger fits started to become much less frequent within a month or two of doing this. I figured that it was just a habit and I had broken the habit, a bit like biting oneā€™s nails or smoking etc.

1 Like

CBT helps me do more on less meds. Worth the time and money.

1 Like

I found that cbt didnt help me much. My therapist wasnt talking and I felt like I was the only one talking so I didnt bother in the end I found that I t made me worse

1 Like