Clozapine and Anxiety

If you experience anxiety while taking clozapine for schizophrenia
what are your tips to battle it or keep it at bay?

1 Like

Talk to your doctor about increasing your Clozapine. :ram::ram::ram:

I had it really bad when I was on Clozapine. You need to weigh up whether you are doing ok with your sz symptoms and judge whether you can do ok on a lighter medication.

hmm increasing?? interesting…do you think that will help, were you in the same boat and this worked

1 Like

when I take a lower dose I notice that my anxiety goes away. the more I take of clozapine my thoughts are levelled out and I can think clearly but then I think too much and get anxious :grimacing: can you recommend a different med?

1 Like

It has helped me a great deal especially with zoloft included.
Here is something I found.

1 Like

It was just an idea. Talk to your doctor and see if an increase is a good thing for you. :giraffe::giraffe::giraffe:

thanks for that, lol I was on antidepressants last year and I found them to be excellent but unfortunately it stole my libido and ran off with it so I had to stop taking them. Interesting that clozapine helps with anxiety maybe I need to up my dose

thanks for talking with me :grinning: ill definitely have this conversation! have a nice evening!

1 Like

I would talk to your pdoc about it.

1 Like

I had clozapine induced ocd, which only got away by reducing its dose and adding low dose risperidone