Cleaning your house

Does anyone else not clean there house. I don’t have a desire to do much of anything just lay around and play on the phone and I talk on the house phone. I got to where I don’t even want to go shopping anymore.

5 Likes

yeah, I’m terrible at keeping my room swept and dusted. I just think I’m not very good at it but “There’s always some reason to feel not good enough.” so that song tells me I’m just making excuses.

Maybe I am just lazy and its not the schizophrenia.

The negative symptom amotivation makes things 10 times more difficult to do.

4 Likes

I like a clean house. Cleaning doesn’t bother me and I have no problem doing it. My roommate doesn’t care if the house is clean or not. So he leaves s*it out on the kitchen counter, doesn’t wipe down counters 90% of the time. He is not schizophrenic but he has a mental illness. There’s no way on earth he is going to clean without my asking.

1 Like

The house can get messy with dishes piling up in the kitchen, and like you I’m on the phone internet or lying down on the couch.
I don’t go to stores by myself lately.
I did manage to do some walking today but my energy is extremely low.

My father calls me lazy and I remind him that I’m schizophrenic and suffer with negative symptoms.

I’m overweight and tired of feeling this way.
I’m starting to think that there could be another health issue that is making me feel so sluggish.

But I definitely suffer with lack of motivation.

3 Likes

I thought about what you said Wave and I think you’re onto something I think I might have chronic fatigue I goggled extreme tiredness and I have the symptoms your reply has been helpful thanks now I know what to ask my doctor about.

Two reasons why clean…1 because my biological parents were disgusting. 2 my “responsibility “ is to be a housewife so I must keep clean as best I can. Sometimes it’s SO SO hard, but better than arguing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

My husband grew up like slobs so he doesn’t care if it’s disgusting he grew up with a outhouse and no running water my biological family are clean my mother in law and sister in law live like me and we have some friends that way to my parents are cleanly and said they don’t see how I am there kid.

Yeah, well my husband 2 or 3 times a week helps me move the heavy furniture so I can vacuum underneath. Honestly, he does have bad allergies, but sometimes I am just not into it…so I have to push myself so so hard…so hard, but I try to do the best I can do

I am unmotivated to self start tasks. So now I have an accountability partner for cleaning. She is a super cleaner, and grew up knowing how to clean. Now every day that she does a chore, I do the same chore at my house.

1 Like

Awesomeness I bet that is motivating :hugs:

1 Like

Sigh, when I feel like I’m gonna have a meltdown I start cleaning manically because the voices will dictate to me

I have to clean on the weekend, been slacking, just have not cared about anything for awhile

The only real thing I care about are my :dog2: :dog:

I can easily neglect cleaning and get lost in a novel, but i do get occasional spurts of motivation to clean, usually when my husband complains of it lol! :smile: Usually I just do dishes, cooking, laundry and sweeping. I don’t clean the bathrooms as much as i should and i never vacuum the carpets so under our bed is dust balls. I hate the vacuuming thats why. And I procrastinate with the ironing and sewing.

Usually I work in bursts with long unmotivated stretches in between.

I vaccum every day. Well, the Roomba vacuums every day, but I take credit for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I seldom clean my house.

My room is a dump.

1 Like

I don’t want to do anything either. I’m so unmotivated. I wish I could do things.

1 Like