Chronic pain

Lion’s Mane has some evidence behind it that it can help regrow damaged nerves
Might help him,but he’ll need to take it consistently for several months to a year to see a fair amount of improvement with those injuries, I imagine.

3 Likes

Oh wow. That long, huh? Ok. I’ll tell him that. And I’ll start reading more about lions mane and nerve repair.

2 Likes

Well, it could work sooner, I just don’t want to get your hopes up and be wrong.

But my husband noticed a reduction in pain the first month.

2 Likes

I’m in pain everyday. Arthritis of the spine.I take otc pain meds and Cymbalta for depression. But the Cymbalta helps with the pain I feel in my body as well. I used to take opioids. I honestly was still in pain on opioids, I was just to high to care.

2 Likes

Yeah @Leaf . Even with his pain pump, my husband is still in pain. The pain dr just told him the delay did is probably not even helping him anymore because his body became immune to it. There’s got to be a better way

1 Like

I have osteoarthritis in my left hip and it hurts all the time, walking or just sitting it’s constant.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Natron

1 Like

Is there anything that helps at all?

1 Like

Same. I also recovered a significant range of motion in the first three to five weeks. The pain returns when I stop taking Amyloban, but perhaps about 1/4 of the previous pain. I am sure there has been some repair or regrowth.

2 Likes

No, I’ve tried Advil, Tylenol and even prescription meds and nothing. Im going to need a hip replacement soon I’m afraid.

2 Likes

That sucks. How old are you?

1 Like

Im 53 years young

1 Like

I’m so sorry your hip is already that bad. But you’re young enough to withstand the surgery and rehabilitation. I say if your dr thinks you should have it done, go for it!

1 Like

There are alternatives to pain killers in some cases. There’s a medicine called Lyrica that works wonders for fibro mayalgia.

My mom has a really bad chronic pain illness called Interstitial Cystitis, but she runs into all kinds of problems trying to get her medicine. She sometimes gets treated like a junky for needing something to control her pain.

She once had a lawyer tell her she wouldn’t represent her due to the fact that she was on prescription painkillers… and it was a case that had nothing to do with medicine, it was divorce related.

1 Like

Have you thought that it may be fibromyalgia?

Do you get numb spots and patches of skin that are painful to touch? It is called allodynia.

Does the pain highlight in certain spots?

If it does it could be fibro.

1 Like

I have a neurological disease. My body is destroying itself by the minute.

I have chronic pain. It’s a serious problem for many.

2 Likes

In my culture, they’re called “deer’s tail” and we steam them or put them in soup. It’s delicious. You can even fry them and pour sweet sauce over it.

I think it’s better to eat the powdered form to get benefits though. Koreans like to eat the fruit body because it’s part of our culture.

3 Likes

Me too! When I’m being attacked by voices, sometimes I get body aches and pain and a headache! :frowning:

If you have jointpain trying turmeric to ease pain and improve mobility might be worth a shot. It’s said that turmeric has poor bioavailibilty, but if you take it in a formula with bioperine(black pepper) absorption is said to increase by 2000%. Also it is possible to aquire liposomal turmeric although this is more expensive.

Don’t take it if you are on bloodthinners, and stop taking it two weeks prior to planned operations as it works as a blood thinner too.

1 Like

I’m like several on here who mentioned having chronic conditions. Mine actually started because of being active, so it’s ironic that everyone tells me that the best thing I can do is be active.

1 Like