Christmas makes me ill

Every year in the run up to xmas I get so stressed and miserable. It’s the whole thing about buying and receiving presents… I’d rather just not do it. I thought if I got it organised early it would be easier, so today I wrote a list of the people I need to buy presents for, but instead of coming up with ideas, I just ended up crying and having a massive panic attack. I hate it, I don’t want to do it any more. It’s the same every year, it’s just a huge source of misery. I hate feeling pressured into having to buy gifts, I don’t want gifts, I’m not religious, xmas means nothing to me but stress.

I enjoy sharing a meal with my family, but the rest of it is just a nightmare. I really want to just tell all my family and friends that I don’t want to buy or receive gifts any more. But how do I cancel xmas without seeming like a b*tch?

2 Likes

Go on amazon.co.uk

Click click click. All done. :heavy_check_mark:

2 Likes

That was the plan lol… But I can’t do it any more. I just hate being pressured into celebrating xmas when it means nothing to me. I don’t want to give or receive cards and presents. It just feels wrong in every way.

1 Like

I hear you @Turquoise it is a stress. I just told my family I am only buying presents for the kids and that I would pay towards the Christmas meal.

1 Like

That’s a very good idea, I’d be happy to do that, I’ve only got 2 nephews and I don’t mind getting them a gift. My family are wonderful, I’m just not sure how to explain I don’t want to do it any more.

I like to get little gifts for people are random times during the year, to cheer them up or just for no reason at all but to surprise them when they don’t expect it. It’s the obligation of xmas I resent. And the financial pressure. And the fakeness of it all. Bah humbug!

1 Like

Yeah i get really stressed out by Christmas, too. This entire holiday season makes me anxious with having to get together with all the family. It’s something i’d really rather not deal with. I wish i could just hide in my room and not go to the get togethers but sadly i would feel like i was being rude if i did that. So i will end up going and hoping it ends quickly.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.