Christmas is such a hard time for me

Everything feels wrong.
I am feeling very depressed, I am overeating and gaining, everything irritates me, I am forced to socialize, I have to dress up, which is hard when you’re fat and self-conscious. I have to put so much effort into gifts and baking, and preparing with my family, everyone asks me what I want for christmas, when I don’t want anything, so I have to come up with something.
I am having violent dreams and daydreams. I am feeling very suicidal, again.
The voices are more frequent and louder. I sometimes don’t even know where I am, or who I am.
I don’t know why this happens or why christmas is just so hard for me…

1 Like

It’s tough for me too for some of the same reasons. It’s almost over at least though.

2016 is going to be a super good year and everyone on the forum is going to be happier in 2016 I’m sure! :smiley:

2 Likes

Christmas Eve is tough for me, I have to be around lots of family members (people).

I am feeling pretty sh*tty about myself lately and have to put on a happy face for others.

I am not going to sweat it this year, if I cannot be around others, I am going to isolate myself somewhere in my brothers big House.

Christmas Day is a lot quieter.

1 Like

Do you have a therapist you can talk with? When I feel stressed I get suicidal ideation too, but I get through it and you have too, and you will again. You have people who care about you, and you care about them. I’m fat for the first time in years. I hate being fat. My brother-in-law’s girlfriend is a personal trainer, and my sister-in-law is beautiful and jogs every day. No one else in my family is fat, and I get to see ALL of them this year! But, I miss them, so I’m gonna be there. After Christmas, I’m gonna lose weight (original, huh?) :slight_smile: We’ll get through this.

1 Like

hi, i was just wondering why you don’t just say christmas is cancelled this year and just refuse to be a part of it, if it is making you feel so bad then don’t be a part of it, because you don’t need to, nobody should be forced into celebrating xmas if it is making them unwell. take care.

1 Like