Changing diagnosis

I have my diagnosis being reviewed at my request, but I don’t want to do it any more.

It’s causing me to feel nauseous at the prospect of having to answer lots of questions, and go over things I would just like to plain forget about.

I have never met this doctor F2F due to covid, and he doesn’t seem as experienced as my old doctor.

My reason originally to request this, was because on an Autism website, it said that people can get mistakenly diagnosed with Schizophrenia, and later find out it was autism

WTF?

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think he was talking about having both though. He mentioned how people are often misdiagnosed. Surely if you are over your symptoms, you can recognize if you actually used to be psychotic or not.

I have been psychotic many times. However this could just be the extreme consequences of ASD.

Who’s to say that if I quit my meds it would happen again?

Do I just take them just in case I happen to inconvenience my doctors?

1 Like

If you had positive symptoms like hallucinations, paranoia and delusions, its almost always schizophrenia. Psychosis in rare cases can be caused by drug abuse, neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer, dementia, etc

Don’t stop your meds if you’ve been psychotic more than once. Its almost suicide.

1 Like

It just pisses me off.

I am taking so many pills again at the moment.

When I have problems they put me on so many ■■■■■■■ tablets.

I don’t think they’re really doing anything and I will see what happens with this new information.

I am not happy at all and the uncertainty is making me feel sick

I would put the asd aside and continue your treatment like you normally would. If asd causes you stress that could lead you to having psychosis more often, you need to be on meds permanently more than most people not less.

I have both. Got my asd diagnosea first then schizophrenia. I think its 5 percent comorbitity. Ask your doctor. I know how you feel.

Mental illnesses diagnoses started 1975 with sz . Sometime between 1983-1988 changed to mainly sz-a and occasionally bipolar. 2005 changed to PD NOS… ?-2018 paranoid 2018- changed back to sz. May 2019 given Asperger’s dx . Oct2019 -on reading my notes and seeing history of high and low moods the sz is changed to sz- a .

Asperger’s dx given 27 years after it first became an official dx . It only came about through moving and coming under a new MH trust;plus of course my stepdaughter backing me up( as she has done care work with people on the spectrum) .

32 is a much better age to get the dx than 62 .

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.