CBD as antipsychotic to prevent psychosis

A study showed that ‘CBD is as effective as amisulpride in treating psychotic symptoms and has fewer adverse effects, including less extra pyramidal symptoms and weight gain.’

They took 600-800mg of cbd, If one was to take that much daily with no antipsychotic would that prevent psychosis?

Try that much and see what happens. You basically start tripping. Be careful with that stuff. Seriously

1 Like

Yes, I read the same thing about CBD and psychosis.

But it’s way too expensive for me at the high dosages they recommend.

How? cbd isn’t psychoactive it contains 0.03% thc. at 1000mg would it be like taking a 30mg edible?

1 Like

That much CBD is crazy expensive.

And you start falling asleep around 60mg of the stuff.

I don’t think it’s as great as people say it is.

It helps with sleep and minor pain,

That’s about it.

1 Like

Marijuana causes psychosis.

if you’re worrying about thc, broad spectrum cbd oil contains no thc. Why would you not think its great if a study showed its as effective as Amisulpride, which is one of the most effective antipsychotics?

cbd is different to marijuana, its the non psychoactive part.

I can’t post a link but here’s this, from psychiatric times.

‘Since then, the antipsychotic properties of CBD have been investigated in three clinical trials with mixed results In 2012, [Leweke and colleagues published the first double blind randomized controlled clinical trial on the therapeutic effects of CBD (600-800 mg/d for 4 weeks) compared with amisulpride on acute psychosis in individuals with schizophrenia (N = 42). The study concluded that CBD is as effective as amisulpride in treating psychotic symptoms and has fewer adverse effects, including less extra pyramidal symptoms and weight gain.’

1 Like

Good news, but like people say here, it is out of reach from most people because it is very expensive. Even 15mg capsules costs are considerable.

1 Like

Hemp-derived, broad-spectrum CBD oil is selling for $1,500-$2,500 a kilogram wholesale.’

Could be worth it, that’s enough 1000mg doses to last almost 3 years.

1 Like

That doesen’t sound bad. Better make sure it is oil that is ok to take internally though. Some oils are only sold for topical use.

I’m not afraid of THC.

The CBD itself would be insanely expensive.

If insurance will cover it, great.

1 Like

What something to help with :zzz::sleeping: sleep?

I take about 30-60mg of CBD every night.

It helps you sleep and you don’t wake up feeling shitty and old.

2 Likes

Where can I buy this at? I have heard there are different kinds, don’t want to get wrong stuff.

1 Like

Are you in the US?

Yes I am

You can just order some online then.

It’s best to go to a shop so you can talk to someone about what you want,

But online is okay too.

CBD is one of those things where the more expensive ones are more quality.

I know that’s not always the case, but it definitely applies here.

I’ll go take a picture of my bottle.

1 Like

Thanks @Charles_Foster

1 Like

2 Likes