Catatonia experiences/knowledge?

Anyone here have any experience or knowledge on catatonia? I don’t know much about it, but I think I read somewhere years ago in my medical records that I had an episode of it. I also remember my family telling me I would sit for hours in odd positions and wouldn’t move, talk, respond or anything. I kind of remember the start of that and it felt like my body got really slow and my responses kept getting delayed. I felt stupid, to put it bluntly. Then I don’t really remember anything for a while.

I don’t anymore, but I used to. Before a catatonic episode, this would happen to me
-blurry vision
-dizzy
-inability to finish a thought
-heavy body
-loss of time

1 Like

I’ve had quite a few of those before the time loss and then the time loss itself along with what my family said I did. It’s really odd how this illness impacts us in so many different ways.

I know, right? I genuinely didn’t know I struggled with paranoia until my counselor wrote it on his notes. I didn’t even realize I was talking about it so much.

I was the same way. I didn’t know I was paranoid until I was in the hospital and saw the computer and under my name it said paranoid psychosis.

1 Like

It happens when I am in deep psychosis, I find my body to be heavy and delayed reaction time. I started to walk a lot slower vivid hallucinations, voices, and disorganized speech. In all honesty I don’t think what I went through is catatonia but I had a psychiatrist tell me it is. I hope this shed a little bit of light, I only experienced this 5 times in my life.

I might have had catatonia in a past life. I dont know. I barely was conscious. I was really disabled.

In a parallel universe, my brother had catatonic schizophrenia really bad. He’s healthy in this life. Schizophrenia runs in both sides of his family.

I blamed myself for his schizophrenia and the doctors.

I hope he doesnt get it. He’s 20.

I believe he got it from ADHD meds. Luckily, he doesnt take them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.