Cant get a buzz from alcohol

I use to be able to drink 6-8 beers and get a buzz. Now I can’t get a buzz. I’m on Invega and it blocks dopamine receptors. I’m gonna be going off invega next month. Anyone else on meds and can’t get a buzz from alcohol?

1 Like

I get a buzz after drinking too much.

I have a hard time getting a buzz too

i was on invega and had same problem, now iam on abilify maintena and i get buzz from 4 beers.

I can get a buzz from drinking one or two beers

1 Like

im off the liver rot 20 days

3 Likes

38 days for me! We are doing great Pedro!

3 Likes

The Haldol depot injection totally changed my body chemistry in regard to alcohol. It cut how much I can drink by over half, but I still can put away a large amount of alcohol. I can get a buzz, but it doesn’t feel as good as it used to. Before I got the Haldol shot the high from alcohol was almost like a narcotic to me. It felt good. The Haldol pills didn’t make that change. It was the Haldol shot. Why I don’t know.

Try being on three medications that amplify the effects of alcohol

I used to drink 96 oz of 8.1% Steele reserve in one night easy…and I’m a small guy. I put on 40 pounds since then and I had 2-3 beers and it would put me to sleep. Now I do the smart thing and don’t drink at all.

I don’t drink but i haven t been getting a buzz from smoking but every so often…I use it to treat my ap upset guts side effect…it works wonders…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.