Can you pass off as "Normal"

Yes I get called “sweetheart” a lot… and “chick” .

2 Likes

Yes. Most of the time. But I can be a bit erratic sometimes.

3 Likes

You seem normal to me @anon80629714.

1 Like

I’m exactly the same way really, but it depends on the day.
Sometimes people get a sense that there is something ‘off’ with me right away.

2 Likes

Sometimes the art is not saying anything stupid whilst engaging in small talk :wink:

4 Likes

Which doesn’t help. I consistently say something stupid.

I think anyone with good social skills can tell im different

Nope. Not after my last relapse!!! I am zonked out on so much medication, you can tell by the blank emotionless look I always have on…
But when I’m stable and confident I’m pretty outgoing and kind of quirky too!

I was always weird and everyone knew it. Now since my symptoms worsened, people notice how anxious I am all the time. My friends, who knew me before, keep on asking me what is wrong now. I told most of them that I have bad anxiety and need meds for it. I also told them I could get panic attacks, since they could easily trigger one by being to anxious around me or get mad…

In all, I think I look pretty strange. I keep on looking for people being behind me or following me. I act nervous.

1 Like

Yes usually after telling a new mental health professional about my history and symptoms they are surprised at how “normal” I seem. I have had it happen where when I tell them my diagnosis before sharing my experiences they think I was misdiagnosed.

People who know me very well tend to suspect something is off but I don’t know if they’d think I was mentally ill vs just being weird/quirky.

1 Like

I think I seem normal to people at first. That is until they notice that I don’t change my clothes day after day. And that I am always rocking in my seat. And I’m always pressing my lips nervously. I think they sense that something or other is wrong. I don’t think they have a clue what it is though.

Everybody think I’m normal. I have a lot of antipsychotic side effects but people think it is my personality.

1 Like

Yeah :flushed::flushed::flushed: me too. Peoplw think this is my personality whwn not well

When I tell people they always comment that they had no clue.

1 Like

Drinking raspberry flavor coca cola (I like to live dangerous :smiling_imp:) while watching a Bruce Lee movie at the theater by myself.

Is that normal? :blush::blush:

2 Likes

I pass as normal very easily unless you specifically knew I was paranoid, then you would notice the quirks a little more readily. I don’t have issues with word salad or anything, so that isn’t an issue that would make me obviously seem off.

1 Like

Normal is boring, why miss the chance to be crazy?

Poverty is also boring and miserable. I enjoy being employable.

4 Likes

Been told I look normal
However when in hospital am really not pass as normal as I had some crazy ideas

1 Like

You’re right, I look at myself only, because I’m engaged in art and it gives me a lot of space to express myself and my wirdness/ there’s even a little gimmick … Crazy artist and stuff

2 Likes