Can you get addicted to Mania?

I’m dx Schizoaffective disorder, Bipolar type. I have been oblivious to my manic cycles in the past when I have had them, Its only now that I am well that I actually miss them or the way I felt with them. I miss the energy, my enthusiasm. I find myself daydreaming about becoming manic again, I day dream about it at least once a day. Can you get addicted to being manic?

1 Like

yes, especially if you are in depressive state, you may miss mania & god-like enthusiasm.

2 Likes

Definitely. I still think about going on Piracetam again and going manic, it made everything feel so exciting.

No thanks. I’ll take sobriety over that, I need my critical faculties to not be bypassed by extreme emotional swings. Especially for business.

You can definitely get addicted to Mania.
I miss pure Mania - the Euphoric kind.
When I was on an Antidepressant I was manic everyday!

I find it hard to believe that it’s August and I’m kind of low, I’d usually be manic this time of year

Not for me. I find it distressing.

No way. I hate mania. I don’t want to spend money I don’t have and go into debt. No thanks. I don’t want to have sex with everyone in sight and get a venereal disease. No thanks. I don’t want to think I am an angel and can fly and jump off of a tall building and die. No thanks. Everything in my being goes against mania. I think I’d even rather be depressed.

1 Like

I’ve been probably hypomanic recently. Been more alive and productive. But it generally has a payback and I exploded at some one at work in front of a new recruit today. Not professional.

I have never had mania but it would be a welcome change to severe negatives everyday.

The first time I took a Latuda I felt normal again. Not manic but normal. Unfortunately that high only lasted about ten hours but still I feel better with it than without it.

I would love to get addicted to hypomania, I actually think I was for about a 10 year stretch when the kids were little.

1 Like

Going completely manic I do not miss one bit. I’m so happy I am more relaxed and level headed from meds.

Things never ended good and just fueled psychosis I think

Mania is a double-edged sword: On one hand you have all of this energy, but on the other hand you’re doing plumbing at 11:00 PM on a Friday, painting the exterior of your house at 3:00 AM, and texting your ex at…anytime.