Can you exercise?

Every time I exercise I feel hyper, crazy.

Can you exercise on meds?

6 Likes

I exercise everyday on meds. I do yoga for about 40 minutes everyday. I practice piano for about an hour everyday. And I walk up and down three flights of stairs every day. I derive mental benefits from my exercise not disadvantages.

7 Likes

I can, but it’s really difficult. My physical disability makes it hard to exercise.
I went for swimming yesterday, though- it was a lot of fun but I slept in extreme pain yesterday.
But I like going out for a walk, and I like swimming as well. I’ve been re-learning how to do the front crawl and tomorrow I’ll be re-learning how to do the breaststroke.
I learnt it when I was a young child (I’m an intermediate swimmer), and it’s amazing how I remember it now.

4 Likes

Yeah. Sort out the meds and it’s hard with the negatives. It’s a catch 22 for most. You don’t feel like doing anything and you get stuck. You do a bit everyday and it becomes easier and your more open to doing more.

Might pay to chat to your doc if your feeling elevated from some physical training. I have gotten some great results mentally from exercise but it’s taken me a long time and some major changes in my behavior.

It’s so worth it though!

5 Likes

Yeah i can exercise in meds, i’m just too damn lazy to do it. I need a good kick up the a@$ to get myself going.

3 Likes

I am able to exercises everyday while on medication. 15-20 minutes of lifting weights and 30+minutes of doing cardio exercise. I have been exercising for the past few years now. Sometimes I take a week off from being sick or being injured but the following week I get back into the routine.

5 Likes

Unless your drinking an energy drink before you exercise, then yeah, why not? We have to be on these meds for the rest of our lives so you have to be healthy or many many health issues arise.

3 Likes

i exercise…

3 Likes

I can swim (poorly) and take walks.
But gym type exercises make me paranoid and winded.

I also fatigue quite easily, and my body usually aches for days afterwards

2 Likes

I used to run 6km quite easy every day. Iv been trying to get back into it but my leg keeps on giving way and turning inward when i try to run after a few minutes. Does anybody else experience this?

2 Likes

@anon47167357, Sounds like you’ve gotten out of shape over the years. Why not start out walking and work up to jogging and then running over time?

3 Likes

I’d love to get back into it, I thought I had a bit of Tardive dysinkia in my legs. My one leg just keeps turning inward it’s really annoying

1 Like

I ride my bicycle, I am looking forward to spring so that the bicycle paths are not frozen.

4 Likes

@anon47167357 During my 20s, I used to run 6km in 30 minutes which back then I used to do an average 12km/h. I’ve never experienced my leg turning inward while running as you’ve described.

3 Likes

I wish, I used to do oxycise a breathing and stretching aerobic workout. I’m going to try to get back into it I have all the dvds

2 Likes

I’ve been exercising 1.5-2 hours everyday but I’m feeling crazy hyper after exercise or crazy depressed. I’m going through an emotional rollercoaster every single day.

1 Like

1.5-2 hours a day is a bit overkill. I try to limit myself to do 1 hour of physical activity daily. However, being crazy depressed and going through an emotional rollercoaster should be kept in check.

I love doing yoga, I find it very relaxing. I have to find a new yoga class.

1 Like

heck yea id encourage it strongly. If it encouraged mania maybe its because you are overdoing it. Take it slow and maybe just do a light jog or an easy 30 minute work out daily. Anything intense might cause mania by overworking and overheating your brain and body

Yea, I get hyper when I work out too. I have to take a downer after and be by myself for a bit,