Can we talk about the Climate Catatastrophe?

When countries like China, India, USA do something, then maybe it can be a change.

We could talk climate change as long as it didnt get political. We can avoid that.

Things are rapidly changing. Everything predicted when I was in school is cpming true. Regardless of the cause, we can talk about ways to make our planet safer.

2 Likes

I can’t talk about the climate crisis without getting political, so I’ll just say I support immediate action and science.

2 Likes

I’m monitoring this, but so far everyone seems to be mostly focused on positive solutions without political stuff.

1 Like

We can discuss things we can do ourselves to help our environment. Orthings that aren’t working

For example China is cutting back on the plastic recycling boughtfrom the USA. So a lot of places aren’t taking it now or are tossing it in the trash.

2 Likes

we can donate money to developing nations projects where they set up solar power
like in Africa

will you rather live in the problem?

it is not going to start with the US or China but this is an international revolution

Extinction Rebellion are international

the opposite of hopelessness is not despair it is grief

will you grieve the planet with a molotov cocktail?
no
will you grieve the planet with hummus on your potato among friends who believe in the right thing ?

thanks ninjastar

It sounds more like you want to yell at people than discuss anything.

3 Likes

Good idea
I would love some tips on standing by what you believe

i still eat a bit of cheese
or a cake with caged hen eggs and butter in it
or a chocolate bar with cows milk

I have been using the microwave and grill for home made sweet potato fries

i gave up my car and got an electric bike
then that was stolen
then i moved house and got another one
it’s pretty much my exercise and i take it instead of driving a lot of the time

We will no longer fly.

We recycle what we can

Use less loo paper, flush only brown

I have vegan make up and organic make up
but i know that this is not in recyclable plastic or refillable

i’m Mostly boycotting big chains where i can - they use plastic to wrap food on shelves more

I end up lazy and throw away reusable aluminium foil or plastic boxes from take aways i always forget to bring my own

i mostly take a few bags to shops instead of plastic =
and with fresh produce only pack it in little cotton bags all in one washable bag - i tried to use a pillowcase home made but i can’t sew

There are very pretentious shops near me which sell packaging free (weighed) sugar, spices, cereal, ALT milk,

sorry
long post i’m sorry it feels like that

The second post didn’t. Just be aware that yelling at people or using an accusatory tone won’t bring them to your side

1 Like

I seriously have a disability of saying what comes in my head i should maybe grow out of it

i get anxious and tense

i see the differences reading back
thanks

Spmetimes we all do that.

The things you are doing are good. Ther problbem is that weather is pretty much shot already. We were already in a warming period. We are going to end up with the same weather the dinosaurs had.

1 Like

We can’t live in a world without commercial airplanes. I wonder how much gas the military uses (including naval ships) and if that could be dialed back in times of relative peace. Hope that doesn’t count as political.

2 Likes

with this - meat eating in the world - counts for more emissions than every transport in the world
cars planes boats ships ferry cruise ships busses lorries military whatever

i know it feels completely hopeless
my husband feels useless too
I think Extinction Rebellion talk about grieving together
and not knowingly causing damage any longer as much as we can.

with this - meat eating in the world - counts for more emissions than every transport in the world
cars planes boats ships ferry cruise ships busses lorries military whatever

What? You’re not yelling at anybody. Where’d that come from?

Daze… I really come across as a prik occasionally…
maybe she means arrogant and careless of how i speak to ppl
i’m not friendly on here usually