Can the positive thinking help us recover?

So I guess this illness is really an illness of the mind, isn’t it? Maybe I suffer mostly because of my thinking? Because of my all false beliefs, the negative thinking, the interpretations etc etc… I wasn’t even aware before that my thinking is screwed up. I just ended up by developing all kind of somatic stuff and ended up isolated which is not cool… But whatever… Can we be helped by a more positive thinking? I go out now a bit more, which helps my mood :slight_smile: . Its nice to see the day etc etc…
I try to ignore my fears etc, but idk if just ignoring will be enough to get rid of them, how do you think? Yes, I take my meds, but I guess my head went just confused, anxious and maybe too much ruminating. I don’t even realize, that I ruminate too much lol… Plus if I ruminate, its all bull**** in my case…

I think positive thinking reminds us that there are other perspectives we can choose to consider.

2 Likes

Meds just make a ground for recovery, the full recovery needs changing and reconstructing mind, but without right meds there is no ground and without a right foundation whatever you build by mind will collapse, so:

Both meds and working on mind are important equally,

I take my meds, aliali. I wont switch my ap anymore, I did this before and it wasn’t working. But I just wonder now, if my efforts can improve my situation, cause I remain paranoid, anxious and unhappy. I don’t know if the full recovery just by meds exists in fact, maybe not… Maybe at the end, I need more efforts? Which I pay now, but I guess its still few what I do. I am stabilized on Zyprexa, but I have some symptoms left still and I wonder what to do with them?.. The activity can help me or what? I think I cant obtain more from the meds tbh anymore…

@Anna1 Yes, thinking positively can help you recover a bit better .

I mean maybe I really should make my peace with the fact, that the meds work on me on something like 60 %? My ex pdoc said to stop switching, we tried this hard really…

Its really hard to be positive when you are your own worst enemy. Sometimes I like the way it feels to be negative too much. Then I end up isolated for hours away from my family. I know its not good for my family or me but when I get my delusions it’s the only way of coping instead of writing. It gets very very frustrating not knowing what to believe from one person to the next. And half the time I believe every single negative thought. It’s terrible for me at times

I don’t mean AP should make you healthy, just give you a ground for reconstructing your mind, I was in a state that even I was trying to reconstruct my mind but there was very little progress but after finding a proper combination then my efforts have real outcomes,
How many APs have you switched until now?
Have you tried combinations?
What field of study are you interested in?
What do you do for reconstructing your brain and mind?

I switched all the available aps here… They were 11 aps… Even my pdoc said to wait on my Zyprexa while making efforts… Maybe I am just autistic, idk… I have problems to socialize now… My thinking is screwed up. I tried all kind of combos, even to be on two aps… I tried all the mood stabilizers also, lots of antidepressants etc etc… I know you don’t believe in the years of recovering, but maybe its true for some cases, you know aliali… Two docs said to wait on this Zyprexa… Its hard to heal after 20 years of isolation I guess… Plus I am ill since kid, its a worse prognosis this… But I have a progress on the Zyprexa, don’t get me wrong. Its just that I wish to already feel happier, which is not the case still… Maybe its wanting too much, after being ill for soo long…

For reconstructing my mind, I try all kind of daily activities here. But I get desperate still… I guess I suffer from paranoia with the others still. But maybe I need time… But don’t tell me to switch aps anymore, pls… I tried them all. 11 aps in 9 years, I did just that… I have too many symptoms in fact. I would be a dead walking pharmacy if I had to take a med for all of them… I am from the very ‘‘closed’’ sz I guess and this is hard to heal by the meds… But I have some progress on Zyprexa yeap… I just wish, that I feel happier already now… Or just feel something ‘‘normal’’, not my brain in my head like this in the evenings… But my days are better, yes, don’t get me wrong. The docs say it too.

We all have some stinkin’ thinkin’. But don’t make too big a thing out of stuff. Everything can’t be bad, isn’t wrong, but we think it is sometimes. Thoughts come and go without much affect often, but we can make a living hell for us here. But keep trying because that is the hope. A little progress is better than none and add it all up and it is something- a little better and a little more positive that is a comfort for all our pain and suffering. A part of it anyway!

Ok, thanks gobey :slight_smile: But do you believe in years of recovering? Like I said, I have a progress on Zyprexa. Without it, I was stopping even to eat or to sleep. Now I am on my feet and it doesn’t hurt so much. I go out sometimes. But without feeling very ‘‘normal’’ still… I would like to know what is this after all my years of illness. Maybe I am impatient. Should I accept that the meds can help only on 50%?

Sorry to hear that, I don’t know what to say, paranoia is a heavy burden, it blocks mind cause you always feel struggling protecting yourself from bad things people may do against you, as you mentioned you are now over about switching meds, its all about mind now and you know better than me that what helps you,

If you wanted to discuss your activities more then pm me, if you think there is any help in it,

Wish you better days and better life,

And guys, sorry to dwell always on the same thing, but I am just alone here. I think it became a symptom to dwell, cause my thinking is bad yeap. I am just afraid, that the efforts wont be enough, but my pdoc said I am a heavy case and they tried on me 11 aps with no help, so they say to pay efforts now… with the Zyprexa in order to not be really, really ill…

Its all part of it- fate or whatever. Don’t be selfish but just busy yourself with being happy. There is someone who loves you, you are OK, Believe it!

I am just left alone relying on the efforts… And I wonder if they can really help one day, that left like this relying on the efforts is a good thing?.. But yes, I guess after 11 aps, theres no point to try more… One pdoc even agreed, that they gave me too many aps…I wonder if ill be strong enough to do it now just with efforts. Yes, I take my Zyprexa, it helps but its still a limited help…

But briefly, my question was if there are here people, for whom the aps were a limited help, but they got better with the time and the efforts? Just to know…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.