Can’t continue like this

I’m sorry @anon40540444
Didn’t mean to evade your question.

The answer is no but I’ve tried enough antidepressant type drugs to know they are harmful.

I’ve tried Imipramine and Nardil and I became psychotic.

Lamictal which has antidepressant properties made me manic and anxious.

Abilify made me manic and psychotic

Vraylar landed me in the psych hospital for 5 weeks.

There is a pattern with these stimulating drugs.

My doctor is against me trying an AD.

5 Likes

Thanks @anon54386108 and @CoCo

3 Likes

Old music from my past can often trigger depression in me because my past is downright depressing :pensive:.

1 Like

I’m sorry you are going through a rough patch. I know this is very hard for you. Seeing a Pdoc should be the best way of getting out of this swamp. I used American ginseng to lift up my mood. I don’t take antidepressant. It works for me. Maybe you can try this?

2 Likes

@Wave , you might try writing down 10 to 50 things you are grateful for. If you can’t think of 10 things, call your pdoc. If you can think of over 10 things, you just might feel better. Keep writing until you think of 30 to 50 things. You should feel better by then.

Doing this often works for me. If I can remember to do it.

1 Like

I’m kinda in the same boat.
My pdoc suggested I take Prozac but 5050 chance of mania doing that.

I try to enjoy a glass of coca cola after work.

Just try and find little things

2 Likes

Before meds I would shower every day and brush my teeth twice a day and also shave every 3 days now I shower once a month brush my teeth once a day for a few seconds and rarely shave

2 Likes

Thanks everyone… @SkinnyMe, psychology is not going to help me with this depression.
It’s biological in nature.
But thanks for the suggestion

1 Like

sorry to hear you living like that right now @Wave
i hope your pdoc will be able to do something about it…

2 Likes

Thank you @lekkerhondje

2 Likes

Did you try it? It just might help. It used to help me.

1 Like

@Wave I hope you can find something to lift the depression.Have you ever had ECT?

2 Likes

No not about to to try ECT.
Deathly afraid of memory loss @firemonkey

Yes, my therapist does help but to an extent.
Medications is what’s needed.

Hold on @Wave . Gotta wait for that Depakote dose increase to take effect.

1 Like

@Wave I can’t take any anti depressants so I have the same problem as you. I’m so sorry you are struggling. I wish I could help you more other than to say I understand what you are going through, and hopefully your doctor can find something that works for you. Hugs.

3 Likes

Thanks @anon78876561

1 Like

Yeah I’ll give it more time @SkinnyMe
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.