Can meditation cure schizophrenia/schizoaffective

i have like this theory that if i meditate for 1 hour a day i should get cured lmao

No. There’s no medical reason why meditation should cure a person of schizophrenia.

1 Like

Meditation can actually make schizophrenia and schizoaffective worse.
Be very careful.

3 Likes

Run it by your doctor first.

1 Like

can meditation cure sz? no, not at all…it takes meds to fix schizophrenia…

2 Likes

i thought of this theory when i was delusion before meds and i guess it stuck and i been thinking about it ever since

never heard of this how so

Meditation can make psychosis worse that’s all.

1 Like

How? I’m curious.

If it did, wouldn’t you think it would be advertised around the world as a cure already? Schizophrenia has been around forever and so has meditation. I haven’t seen or heard of anyone being cured by meditation.

1 Like

No it doesn’t cure but i find myself it helps with recovery. Meditation can calm your thoughts. It takes practice.

1 Like

I’ve personally used guided meditations for stress reduction, but I think it’s far from a cure.

I can argue it both ways.
pro: stress is a trigger for my symptoms
Con: while already symptomatic, I found myself wandering into scary places

Can you be cured from an amputated limb ?

It does for me, trying serious meditation made me relapse. I do the opposite now – I stay busy as hell all of the time I’m awake.

2 Likes

It made my symptoms worse at the time.

1 Like

This really confused me. I thought you said medication and I thought how can you medicate for just an hour a day.

Meditation. I got it now. No clue. Never tried it.

1 Like

Meditation causes you to focus on the voices, and they make you go nuts.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.