Can ibuprofen give you a boost?

I’ve been taking it the past two days, starting last night and I actually have a normal range of emotions. I feel connected with reality too.

I didn’t take it for pain. I took it to wake me up, now I want to stay on it

I’ve never heard of that before. However I have heard that Alene taken with certain kinds of medications, mainly opiates can enhance the effects.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @pinkbarbie23

Taking NSAIDs regularly can be damaging if you’re not careful.

2 Likes

I only took 800 today

I don’t want to stop something that works

How do I become “careful”? I assume it hurts your liver?

Talk to your doctor. Don’t take more than directed.

I guess most of it comes down to luck. Some people get ulcers, some don’t.

I’ve been taking high doses of aspirin and Aleve every day for over a decade with no problem. Some people get ulcers or liver damage after 6 months. 🤷

Just talk to your doctor.

1 Like

Aleve and ibuprofen are not supposed to be used with AP.

1 Like

Ibuprofen can damage your liver and kidneys especially.
Be careful @Winterblues.

Tylenol is safer, especially with our meds.

2 Likes

I’m sick of living in a fog. It gives me a clear head ALL day. That sucks I can’t take it

Mental interactions?

Thanks @LED 1515151

1 Like

I just read about it and I see how they could help you. The reason for them being a drug interaction is because they both work on the same pathways the Cyp30 I believe! Anyway that just means they are metabolized via the liver. I take a lot of Alene! Way more then I should because I have endometriosis and docs are paranoid about using opiates for pain, which sucks. So I’m forced to damage my liver rather then take anything strong. I take 10-12 Aleve sometimes a day!

1 Like

That’s good you understand all that.

I just looked it up as well. Apparently it’s my cognitive symptoms that are giving me the foggy mind and when I took it and feel the effects it gives me cognition of simpler days. When the world wasn’t so bleak

F uck my psychotic break this past winter really messed up my brain. I just want to be back to normal! @Pinkbarbie23

Winter is tough! Especially up north for me when it’s all gray outside. My depression is just severe in the winter!

1 Like

It wasn’t depression for me, it was going catatonic and having visual hallucinations all day, getting stuck in my head when I was trying to tell stories and bumping into things. In the fall it started with disabling racing thoughts

It’s dangerous to take ibuprofen on a regular schedule because it can cause kidney damage.

2 Likes

My pharmacy warns me to not take ibuprofen or naproxen while on APs. They are not good together as they can cause APs to have a spike in your blood increasing bad effects especially on the kidneys and liver.
I will occasionally take one if nothing else works but I try to steer clear when I can.