I did something bad

I took ibuprofen. There is a serious conflict between lithium and ibuprofen. I am just sick of pain. I won’t do it again. Now I’m in pain again. I will take some tylenol and rinse with salt water. Here’s hoping.

6 Likes

Don’t worry, you’re going to be ok.

1 Like

Lol, do you know how many times I’ve taken ibuprofen and lithium together? I didn’t even know there was an interaction. You should, of course discuss, all medications (even OTC’s) with your pdoc, but in my unprofessional opinion, most of these websites say that there’s a moderate to severe interaction between pretty much every drug combo that you could ever possibly take. They say stuff like this to cover their asses, lest someone have a severe interaction and attempt to sue.

2 Likes

I’m going to call my doctor tomorrow and see if he will prescribe codeine. If not I don’t see how I can do without ibuprofen. My teeth are so swollen.

Can’t you get to a dentist?

1 Like

I am waiting to hear from the university school of dentistry. I’m hoping I get in. The dentists here are crooked. I’d rather be in pain.

I hope you get in too.
I need a molar pulled but I can’t afford it atm.
Dentists are ripoff artists.

2 Likes

oh no not that !! I am so saddened to hear you are in such pain @FatMama sorry dear…really really sorry. hang in there !!

2 Likes

I take lithium and a high dose of ibuprofen for months now. I didn’t know it interacts. I will mention it to my pdoc.

1 Like

Yes it does interact badly !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.