Can anything cure my lifelong fear of cotton wool?

Thinking of it makes me feel shivery.

1 Like

Strange - I hate the smell of Dettol Disinfectant, reminds me of a certain psych unit - that bathed me in it. Soon as i smell that stuff, im back there.

I’m afraid I haven’t helped people enough. If I could help any certain type of person, I would educate those who are at risk of homelessness. How? Not sure.

For years for me it was a certain 'soup like ’ smell that triggered thoughts of my first admission at Severalls near Colchester .

1 Like

Yeah, they just discovered a new use for sheep in Texas: wool.

My father is claustrophobic and arachnophobic.
His arachnophobia rubbed off on us kids.
I was fine with spiders when I was little, but after seeing my father’s obvious discomfort enough times, my brain learned it was something to fear.

I wouldn’t say I’m totally arachnophobic , but I don’t like touching them by hand in case they’re a poisonous type. I find them in my bath from time to time. I get them out of it by placing something under them , and gradually edging them out of the bath.

1 Like

I have a fear of heights, which is funny,I guess, because I lived on the 11th floor of a tower block for nearly 22 years .

It’s much easier being indoors and high up though. If I watch scenes with a good guy chasing a bad guy,on a roof top, my brain can go into ‘this is real’ mode and I’m thinking that actor is really going to fall off the roof and die .

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.