Call me Victor, for I have created a monster (Polls)

Polls are fun, but please show some restraint. There can be too much of a good thing.

6 Likes

Oh young Frankenstein- It’s a nice feature.

I hope you don’t mind, I’m old fashioned. I like conversation more then “click this box”

3 Likes

I think it’s an interesting novelty that should be used sparingly. Do you like hummingbirds? Yes/no? Do you lead with your left foot? Yes/no? How many atoms are in the ocean? etc. Ugh. Please stop people.

1 Like

I’m more old Frankenstein than young.

1 Like

Apologies to all. Guess i was like a kid with a new toy. It helps if people post something as well as clicking an option.

Please don’t apologize. I would love to figure out how to do it too. I still like conversation though.

I wasn’t directing that at just you @firemonkey, it was a general plea to everyone. Things could easily get out of hand.

Poll: who likes the new poll feature? :stuck_out_tongue:
In all honesty I would like to see more polls.

Perhaps a limit could be placed on how many polls can be made per day?

Poll: who thinks we should place a limit on the polls? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I doubt this is possible, but I would like to see it where polls must be moderator-approved first.

1 Like

I think that’s a bit draconian. Polls can be fun or serious and add an extra dimension to the forum. I agree with the plea for not overdoing it though.

1 Like

Isn’t that thoughtful considering you’re responsible for about half of them?

Why be so nasty? I wasn’t hurting anyone.

1 Like

There’s nothing nasty in what I said. Chill out.

FrankenSTEEN. …

1 Like

As long as they aren’t interfering with how the software works, which they don’t appear to be, then I don’t see a problem. It’s a feature of the site :smile:

2 Likes

On a side note I think after creating the poll the thread is supposed to be locked. Entering your choice in the poll is the purpose. That choice doesn’t need to be explained.

I will put my 2 cents in - I personally think that polls should be Moderator approved also - I do agree with @anon40540444

1 Like