Caffeine affects mental health in sz

Do you drink cola or coffee? My mother forbid me to drink cola totally, until I realized it was about caffeine. I have also realized how badly does it affect my mental health, because I’ ve been drinking 2 lt almost everyday… :frowning: I have to quit it. I also drink coffee but only two cups average. I was wondering why meds didn’t work for me, now I know…

I drink coffee twice a day and the meds work for me.

1 Like

I drink 2 to 3 cups of coffee in the morning and that’s pretty much it.
Sometimes I’ll Cycle (Moods) if I drink more than this.

1 Like

I’ve drank ten cups of coffee a day for forty years. I was able to quit smoking tobacco, and I was able to quit dipping tobacco, but I haven’t been able to quit drinking coffee. It’s starting to affect my kidney’s and my bladder. I have to piss a lot. For a while I decided it would be simpler and easier just to take caffeine pills. I might go back to doing that.

1 Like

I really like drinking coffee at work. I drink 2 mugs of coffee a day. I don’t think it’s too much. I get shaky if I drink more than that. I don’t think caffeine affects my wellness

1 Like

I’m trying to drink less coffee – i find decaf tea is a nice replacement. I still have one big mug of joe in morning though…

1 Like

I think caffeine helps my negative symptoms and ADHD. Recently I started taking 200mg caffeine tablets once or twice a day to cut down my coffee drinking. You can find these in the drugstore.

1 Like

Most of us are on serious sedatives, so I give coffee a pass. It won’t be the thing that kills me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man, I love caffeine. I will overdo it and eventually get sick and vomit all the caffeine up…
i drink espresso, americanos, energy drinks, yerba mate and matcha (caffeinated teas), and I add taurine powder to a drink once per day, too.

The taurine and yerba mate and matcha are fine, but drinking the coffee or energy drinks too close together makes me throw it up. I’m kind of like a cat that needs to eat some grass, but then the cat eats all the grass and gets sick and throws up on your carpet. That’s me.

1 Like

i drink coffee, maybe two to three cups a day. i try not to overdo it. i finds it helps me to get out of bed. and helps fight sedation.

1 Like

Caffeine makes my anxiety worse so I limit it to one pop a day. Otherwise I drink decaf diet coke or water.

1 Like

I feel bad when I drink coffee. Nervousness, headaches.

1 Like

I take probably 700mg or more of caffeine a day, in pill form. So much cheaper than coffee or energy drinks

1 Like

Couldn’t imagine giving up caffeine or nicotine (from vaping). Both are beloved to me. I think mild stimulants are a natural response to the sedative meds.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers, I was talking about a lot of caffeine, for example I drink 2lt of coke, I don’t drink only two cups of coffee.

1 Like

I used to drink like 4 or 5 cups a day. Now i don’t drink it at all. It makes me anxious.

1 Like

For me, too much caffeine gives me anxiety which starts a snowball effect with my sz symptoms. I have to be really careful not to drink too much. The best part? I work at a freaking coffee shop…

2 Likes

I need caffeine to function properly. I cannot do any activity for some time without becoming very sleepy and eventually dosing off. I spend every day with a fog around my brain. Only energy drinks can help lift that fog…and sometimes even they don’t work if I drink too many and get tolerant and then have to quit them for a while…I haven’t ever noticed it exacerbating my psychosis.

I am hoping that I can receive treatment for this issue soon as I am told it’s related to narcolepsy.

1 Like