Buffalo chicken chili (with recipe and pic)

I thought I’d make a thread for it because, yeah, it was really good. I will definitely be making it again.

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts

14.5 oz. can Great Northern beans, drained

14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained (can sub regular diced tomatoes)

14.5 oz can chicken broth

1/4-1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce, I used Frank’s Red Hot

1 package ranch dressing mix envelope

14.5 oz. can sweet corn kernels, drained

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. celery salt

1/2 tsp. dried cilantro

1/4 tsp. salt

8 oz. cream cheese

Toppings: tortilla chips, fresh cilantro, blue cheese crumbles, additional hot sauce

Instructions

In a 5 quart slow cooker combine all the ingredients except the cream cheese and toppings.

Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.

Shred the chicken in the slow cooker using two forks. You can also use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken to a cutting board, shred it, and then return to the pot.

Add the cream cheese and stir until it is incorporated.

Serve with desired toppings

I cut out the onion powder, because I can’t stand onions. I used 2 pounds of chicken breasts, 1/2 cup of Frank’s buffalo hot sauce, and for a topping I used blue cheese crumbles. Also, the store I was at didn’t have “fire roasted diced tomatoes,” so I just used a can of regular diced, though I think next time I will use fresh. I didn’t drain the can of tomatoes like the recipe says to do.

Anyway, just thought I’d share the recipe, in case anyone is interested.

I’ll post a pic in a minute. My computer will no longer upload pics from my phone, which is awfully shitty, so I have to switch to my phone to post it.

8 Likes

Yum, sounds amazing!

1 Like

I wasn’t able to finish this huge serving.

5 Likes

Buy some storage and freeze your leftovers! When I lived alone I’d space meals over a couple or nights if good…or I’d freeze for next week. Pays to be thinking ahead with food if your making meals for one!

I am cooking for two now but it’s the same principle. If I cook enough then I’ll save some!

It does look a good meal though!! I may just steal!

2 Likes

Looks good , but I’d struggle to get all the ingredients in the UK.

1 Like

Looks good. Those blue cheese crumbles probably put it over the top. I love blue cheese!

1 Like

I used to make buffalo chicken dip for Bears games. It was really fattening.

I think I’ll keep my chili old fashioned.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.