Chili recipe...feel like sharing

Mick's Spicy Chili

cook 2 lbs. hamburger meat and drain…add to crock pot…put crockpot on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours…your choice…add 4 cans red kidney beans, two cans diced tomatoes with juice, three cans tomato sauce, diced onion and diced bell pepper…stir a lot and then add the following seasonings…

3 tablespoons chili powder
4 teaspoons salt
6 drops liquid smoke (shake before dropping),
1 teaspoon liquid tabasco sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon oregano

some people like to add a bar of dark chocolate and jalapenos to their chili all in your taste…this is optional and I didn’t do it this time because I didn’t think of the chocolate…but my gf doesn’t want the jalapenos so that’s that…haha enjoy !!

6 Likes

I love chili! Thanks for the recipe. I’ve heard that there is Texas chili which is different from regular chili? Is that true?

Chicken chili

1 onion diced
1 bell pepper diced
2 small cans diced green chilis
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 large jar of salsa verde

Layer in ingredients in order in slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. shred chicken. Add 4 or 5 cans of beans, your choice, I like to mix white and pinto, stir, replace lid and cook on high for 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.