Blind to gender

i think when u think about it parts are only tools to achieve different goals depending on what you are looking for. i like women, all women. i was watching a youtube video about reasons why straight men can like even trans women and some of the stuff make me think. i dont really like men particularly but ive seen some very attractive trans women and that makes me question things if ive seeked out looking at them specifically knowing the main difference.

i feel im pretty open minded when it comes to alot of stuff i often try to see things from another perspective to rule out if im just conditioned to think a certain way

1 Like

To me, it means that we’re all equally angry people. Just coming from a different plane.

2 Likes

i believe all races are alike. were all the human race. same planet same species just different locations

6 Likes

It’s just that the categories straight/bisexual/gay don’t really explain people’s sexuality fully. I don’t think any categories would. But liking trans women with a penis is closer to being gay than not liking trans women with a penis. Just like a gay man who doesn’t like trans men with vaginas is more “fully” gay than one who does. It makes more sense to think of it as a dimension from fully straight to fully gay. A penis is a male body part even if it is on a woman.

I also think it’s problematic that a lot of guys who like trans women try to distance themselves from that and from gay people by pretending that genitals don’t matter. They’re a part of the person and which ones your prefer and are OK with says something about your sexuality.

2 Likes

You are right. There are lots of factors that are in play when it comes to sexuality.

For example I am all straight, but I like tough women, no makeup, women who lets their body and facial hair grow freely. Like women with big eyebrows attract me. But this in turn has led me to date women who were bisexual(which I didn’t know at the time, but learned later) I guess women who are not very feminine often is less straight.

2 Likes

well, that didn’t take long…

@Ninjastar @anon4362788 @rogueone et al

1 Like

Yeah femininity/masculinity as a dimension definitely overlaps somewhat with sexuality. Not sure if I’d agree that liking less traditionally feminine women makes you less straight though. Gender roles are highly cultural.

1 Like

Which post are you upset with? Was it mine?

whatever it is i think titles dont matter too much. we’re all humans liking some things and not other things

1 Like

What’s the issue?

If it is a specific post, flag it for review.

2 Likes

They might not matter much to you, but for most people on the LGBT spectrum they do matter. And they describe a lot of people pretty well.

2 Likes

if you can’t see it immediately I can’t explain it to you in any kind of impactful way.

No one here would tolerate the speculation and objectification here were it targeted at cis women, and if they would, maybe I chose poorly in coming here.

1 Like

true. nothing wrong with that either. im just not big on classifying

2 Likes

No, I don’t think I’m less straight. I just wanted to point out what you put your finger on, the femininity-masculine scale. But at the same time I think some women just like to be very natural, like not using much makeup or trimming their eyebrows and whatnot, without it meaning that they are masculine in any way.

2 Likes

Again, if you have a problem, flag the post. We don’t read every post. We’re volunteers and not full t8me. For example, I’m at work r8ght now.

1 Like

Hi. I’m trans. I can see why someone would be offended by what @anon9798425 posted, but it isn’t untrue. Mr. Star identifies as a straight man even though I’m transmasc. Two of my best friends are a cis girl and trans man who have been together 5 years. She identified as straight before dating him, but about a year into their relationship she realized she needed some support from the lesbian community to learn certain things. She now identifies as “mostly straight.” Everyone’s sexuality is very complex. For some people, genitals matter. For others, they don’t. It isn’t okay to tell someone their experience of their own sexuality is incorrect.

3 Likes

Well if it was my post you were upset with, let me just add that trans women are subjected to a lot of violence, and mostly from men who like trans women with male genitals/body parts and who identify as straight. That violence is often a result of the shame that results from not accepting one’s own sexuality as it is. So being specific and clear when talking about sexuality as a dimension is important.

It normalizes the the complex variations that exist in people’s sexual preferences. Being categorical and dogmatic is part of what created the shame in the first place.

2 Likes

It was on the news this morning that trans people are now complaining about the term “breast feeding” and want it to be called “chest feeding” also they are also complaining about people being called “mothers” where they want them to be called “birth parents”

@Qwerty they aren’t complaining. It is just an alternate term used for people who give birth who aren’t mother’s. My friend’s husband is giving birth soon, and he prefers terms like that. He isn’t trying to stop anyone else from using other terms themselves. They just don’t describe his experiences.

1 Like

Now why would trans people care that much about which words cis people use to describe themselves? I’m sure 99% of them just want equal rights and recognition for how they choose to identify. And those kinds of “news” stories are a great way to discredit their struggle for equal rights and respect. So maybe you should reconsider where you get your news from.

1 Like