Banana nut bread Recipe

Baked Beans, this looks like he recipe I’ve made. Follow the recipe - it’s pretty easy. Very ripe bananas.

Aunt Lois’ Banana Nut Bread

Share:

Print Recipe Card:
3 x 5 4 x 6 Full Page
Ingredients

Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
1 1/2 cups Martha White® All-Purpose Flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
3 tablespoons buttermilk
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans 

Preparation Directions

HEAT oven to 325°F. Spray the bottom only of a 8 x 4 or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well.
ADD sugar, oil, buttermilk and eggs; blend well. Add bananas and pecans; mix well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
BAKE 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; place on wire rack. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
1 Like

That recipe does look easy to follow. :banana: :bread:

Thank you for that. :apple:

question. :banana:

I counted 48 banana’s. How many loaf pans should I get at Dollar Tree? :banana: :bread:

You use 3 or 4 bananas per loaf…however many you want. One recipe makes 1 large loaf. I’ve never stored it in the refrigerator. I’d say out, the bread wouldn’t last long enough for more than. two or three loaves even if you ate a lot.

You can also use bananas in fruit salad.

Good luck

1 Like

Hi BakedBean, I’m just curious. Why did you buy so many bananas? If you have a blender than throw 2 banana in it, and some milk, a little ice, yogurt if you have it, and sugar and you have a smoothie. Does your day program have a blender? Maybe they would buy those extra bananas off of you to make drinks for everybody.

1 Like

@77nick77

Your cooking post have saved my butt and given me many ideas. Thank you for helping me out as well.

Love banana bread. My grandfather would make zucchini bread too. Damn good stuff.

You’re welcome, Surprised.

BakedBeans. One loaf pan would be adequate, two loaf pans would be ideal.

1 Like

My sisters used to make zucchini bread too. And persimmon bread.

Persimmon bread sounds interesting.

Yeah, we had too many extra persimmons, so…