Schizophrenia.com

Bad back flared up today...scary

I have a protruding disc in my back and today I was just bending over to pull up my pants and crippling pain jolted me so bad I almost fell down…nursing small movements today because it is still sore…some day I may be in a wheel chair…

1 Like

That’s awful. I hope you find treatment(s) that improve your situation and bring some relief

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything they can do for it…it is just a degenerative condition…

I had a herniated disc, they shaved it and it was good for years, sadly now it has turned into arthritis

I have a bad back too. It’s hard to bend with it and it will never get better. But I find I can do most everyday activities if I’m careful and take normal precautions.

1 Like

@jukebox I’m sorry to hear about your bad back. For me walking more than about 80 steps without lower back pain is touch and go. Sometimes just standing over the bathroom basin to wash and rinse my hair can set the pain off. Sometimes I’ll take 400mg Ibuprofen for the pain, but I try to take as few p/ks as possible.

I’ve been told exercise(walking) will help over the long term, but it’s getting past the initial pain barrier. It doesn’t help that my pain threshold is rather low.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.